``Easter Egg'' Cameos in ``Christmas'' Movies

Stuff not covered by the other...Forii? whatever. General goofiness. (You should not post here unless you've been contributing elsewhere on this site.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

diamone

Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Like in Elmo Saves Christmas Muppets Bert and Ernie pass by a TV set playing It's a Wonderful Life during the scene where George Bailey wonders why Bert the cop and Ernie the cab driver don't know him, and calls out `Bert! Ernie! You sang to me on my wedding night!' and the two Muppets do a double take.

So for whoever did NOT have their TV tuned to the Christmas Movie Musical Marathon last night - this one is a little harder to find.

They exposed this one on TV after the death of Heather Menzies (Urich) broke.

In The Sound of Music in one of the earliest numbers (My Favorite Things) there is an eight-bar coda at the end of the song that references another musical movie work related to The Sound of Music in some capacity or other.

What is it?
2 Kinds of Men/Records: Low Noise & Wide Range. LN is mod. fidelity, cheap, & easy. WR is High Fidelity & Abrasive to its' Environment. Remember that when you encounter a Grumpy Engineer. (:-D)