paypal i hate this shi... bank

Stuff not covered by the other...Forii? whatever. General goofiness. (You should not post here unless you've been contributing elsewhere on this site.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fraggle

paypal i hate this shi... bank

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 am

they just charged me 60 bucks for a 2200 dollar transaction unbelievable...
wtf man

Aussie0zborn

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 am

Paypal are a law unto themselves... just like Ebay. Oh, hang on... they are OWNED by Ebay.

But they are good at getting your money back form a bad seller if the item doesn't arrive.

cymbalism

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am

They also can put a hold on your account. I started selling some of my record collection on eBay a couple weeks ago and since I'm selling rarer bits and made a lot of money quick they sent me an email saying the money from my sold items will be held for 21 days or until the buyer receives their package and leave me feedback.

I had to out of pocket the shipping for like 20 packages the other day even though i have way more than enough to cover it from people paying for the shipping and I'm scared to death they're gonna put that limit on my lathe cut projects that come in. If that happens I'm going straight money order like PK.
all the best!
- tommie 'plan 9' emmi
poly-cut lathe cuts / cymbalism recordings

Aussie0zborn

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am

Hmmm... what if the buyer doesn't leave you feedback or the parcels get lost in the mail with no insurance? Again, this is Ebay being a law unto themselves.

We're lucky in Austraia as the idea of paying for EBay purchases only through Paypal was banned. I hope yo dont have any hassles with unreliable sellers.