Split Brass Mix of Paul Mauriat's Love is Blue (1967)

Stuff not covered by the other...Forii? whatever. General goofiness. (You should not post here unless you've been contributing elsewhere on this site.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

diamone

Split Brass Mix of Paul Mauriat's Love is Blue (1967)

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 am

There is a mix someplace of Paul Mauriat's original 1967 recording of Love Is Blue where the levels of the brass hits around 1 minute in (and repeated throughout the song) are A) elevated compared to the stereo remix on Bloomin' Hits or the original stereo mix on Philips GH of `68 LP - and B) split hard left and hard right so that it sounds as if you're being blasted at from both sides by a trumpet quartet.

The rest of the mix is closer to the original GH of `68 with the sort of 10 and 2 panning compared to the wider and more well-distributed mix on Bloomin' Hits. And no it's not the other remix from the 90's cuz I have that, too.

I thought maybe it might originally have been a quad mix with the split brass tracks intended to come discretely from the rears - but if it was I only ever heard it in stereo.

I had it years ago on a VA stereo-demo LP or reel tape - can't remember which now - and haven't been able to find it since - except one of the guys here - I forget who now - thought he found it on YouTube a couple of years ago - but I think that was either the original stereo mix or the Bloomin' Hits remix.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm trying to play it for my brass students.
2 Kinds of Men/Records: Low Noise & Wide Range. LN is mod. fidelity, cheap, & easy. WR is High Fidelity & Abrasive to its' Environment. Remember that when you encounter a Grumpy Engineer. (:-D)