Be Nice. Also, don't post PMs.

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Be Nice. Also, don't post PMs.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:45 am

This is for everyone.

1. Be nice. Don't piss on other people's threads. There's gotta be a way to promote what you do without tearing down what other people do. There's got to be a way to redirect a misdirected or redundant question without discouraging people from contributing.

It breaks my heart when people tell me they don't post on this site often, or at all, due to fear of being humiliated by some of those who post here very frequently. That's not the way it is supposed to work.

I am sorry I don't police the site better. I don't catch a lot of the sniping. Please police yourselves.

2. Don't post private messages (PMs). That's generally a big no-no around here. If you feel you need to make an exception, you sure as hell better check with me first.

In short, act like adults; fun, grounded, smart adults.

also:

3. Pay attention to your breathing. It helps.

Thank you.

Mulchefye

Re: Be Nice. Also, don't post PMs.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:13 am

hiya Steve! great site as always! just to put this out there...i am TRYING to be nice...but honestly, my last post wasnt very nice. losing patience a wee bit...but u have a great site here, and i God Bless u for it!
"Music is the Key to the Universe."
-Rats 2012-

Mulchefye

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:38 am

well, seems i have been banned by AussieOzbourne for getting frustrated and calling u guys Lathe Dildoes...sorry man, lost my head a bit...but i will say that my vehemence got me exactly the right response after trying numerous times the polite way! if he is willing to re-instate me on that thread i will edit it.
-Rats 2012-

Simpleton

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:17 am

Mulchefye/Ratman,

You need to chill, brother.

No offense meant, but this is a long-game kind of hobby, you know. Patience is the game, my friend. Most of these cats have been at it for over ten years, and have invested tend-of-thousands of dollars into the craft. You've gotta give respect where it's due, man.

(By the way, I enjoyed your dedicatory track for lathe-trolls.)

(Dear, Mods,

I read Mulchefye's Recordio threads. Please, don't ban him, as he helps contribute to the exploration and restoration of older lathes. "Think of the children.")
Cheers!

Mulchefye

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:02 pm

wow...im touched you said those things Brother...i was being a proper @$$...sometimes i get frustrated for silly reasons....sorry again for what i said, you guys have been nothing but cool with me :oops:
-Rats 2012-

Aussie0zborn

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:19 am

Mulchefye wrote:well, seems i have been banned by AussieOzbourne for getting frustrated and calling u guys Lathe Dildoes...sorry man, lost my head a bit...but i will say that my vehemence got me exactly the right response after trying numerous times the polite way! if he is willing to re-instate me on that thread i will edit it.

Hi. You were never banned. As stated in my PM of 17-DEC-15 I deleted your thread for the reasons stated in my message so it's not possible to edit. Glad to see you're getting in the swing of things here.

nanthtommas

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:11 am

Excellent post! Thanks again for posting this here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fashion bubble football : Bumper ball

TL7

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Steve E. wrote:This is for everyone. There's got to be a way to redirect a misdirected or redundant question without discouraging people from contributing.

It breaks my heart when people tell me they don't post on this site often, or at all, due to fear of being humiliated by some of those who post here very frequently. That's not the way it is supposed to work..
I consider this as an excellent statement.

Studio 16

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 am

Every time I log in the first thing that happens is Hand Cut's profile is the first page that loads up !?!? I sent him a pm by mistake asking for help without seeing the rest of the board topics :oops: hopefully he will forgive me for that 1 :?: