Scam: Angulo aka Tangential Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4

This is a forum for temporarily moving topics that need to have links or images fixed.

Moderators: piaptk, jesusfwrl, mossboss, tragwag, Aussie0zborn, Steve E., Simon

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Unread postby jesusfwrl » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:47 am

An interesting observation is that machines and parts have definitely been shipped from Bolivia, Argentina, and Poland, so either business is going quite good for scammers nowadays, or the guy is quite wealthy.

Another possibility is that there are several people working together, but shipping this garbage half way around the globe hardly seems like a cost effective way of scamming someone.
~~~ Analog Mastering, Disk Cutting, Tape Duplication ~~~
Magnetic Fidelity: http://www.magneticfidelity.com

... as well as custom high quality audio electronics and repair/restoration of audio-related antiquities.
jesusfwrl

Re: Scam: Angulo aka Tangential Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4

Unread postby Steve E. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 am

I just received an email from "John Tangential" claiming they are offering a legitimate product and that we are all slandering him because he is competition.

Can anyone who lives near him, and who knows lathes, meet him and do some legitimate tests?

Understand.... I don't believe him. But this should be easy enough to straighten out.
Steve E.
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (14)

Unread postby yano » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

I have not found anyone who would like this machine.
so I did not dare to buy.......
yano

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Unread postby Steve E. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

jesusfwrl wrote:An interesting observation is that machines and parts have definitely been shipped from Bolivia, Argentina, and Poland, so either business is going quite good for scammers nowadays, or the guy is quite wealthy.

Another possibility is that there are several people working together, but shipping this garbage half way around the globe hardly seems like a cost effective way of scamming someone.

Now, wait a minute here.... has Angulo / Tangential shipped parts from Poland? We do not have definitive proof that the South American scam is the Joanna Polinska scam. So, again.... are you just talking about the two scams as a trend, or did I miss some data? Because that would cinch it.
Steve E.
Site Admin

Unread postby jesusfwrl » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 am

Steve,
There is no definite prove linking the scammers, that I am aware of. I was referring to the general scamming trend and Stevens suggestion, that the polish contraption shares similarities with the Angulo contraption.
If it is indeed the same person, it would be weird to have send things from places so far away from each other. This is the point I was trying to make.
~~~ Analog Mastering, Disk Cutting, Tape Duplication ~~~
Magnetic Fidelity: http://www.magneticfidelity.com

... as well as custom high quality audio electronics and repair/restoration of audio-related antiquities.
jesusfwrl

Unread postby Steve E. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:00 am

Got it!!
Steve E.
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Thread-Fixing Forum