FS: Fairchild 539A broadcast transcription turntable

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

sunnyviewlane

FS: Fairchild 539A broadcast transcription turntable

Thu May 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Fairchild 539A 028.JPG
Hi, thought this would be a good place to sell this TTT. Selling a rare Fairchild 16" model 539A broadcast transcription turntable. I purchased this from a broadcast company sale to benefit the Holly Theatre renovation in Medford, OR. I have not attempted to plug it in as the cord is needs repair. It is complete minus the cutting head and tonearm as best I can tell. It will cut 33-1/3 & 78 rpm records as stated on the adjustable, sliding guide on lathe. The platter spins smoothly by hand. The cords to the arm with the light on it have been cut. There is no top lid to the case. This is a very large and heavy unit. It measures approximately 22" X 20" X 13" and is meant to be portable. It weighs in at 72 lbs. I cannot guarantee the working condition of this unit and it will, more than likely, need to be restored to some degree. It is in good shape for it's age. I do not know the value of it as I cannot find this model online. I have seen a 539g sell for nearly $2800 with a head and tonearm. Please make me a reasonable offer if interested. I will charge actual shipping charges and use a carrier of your choice (if available in my area). Shipping weight will be @ 80 lbs. I have sold many vintage electronics on Ebay and have a 100% positive rating. I thought I would attempt to sell here before putting it on Ebay. I have many more pictures I can email if desired. I would be happy to attempt answering any questions you may have. Thank you for taking the time to look. Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EpicenterBryan

Re: FS: Fairchild 539A broadcast transcription turntable

Thu May 25, 2017 11:19 pm

E-mail sent.
I'm in Eugene.

Bryan

sunnyviewlane

Re: FS: Fairchild 539A broadcast transcription turntable

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:04 pm

SOLD! Thank you all for looking.