WTB Lathe for Dubs + Lacquer

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

audiosteam

WTB Lathe for Dubs + Lacquer

Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade my setup. I started with a second hand T560 that, I changed almost all the elements as the time passed. I would like to get something better. I'm only doing dubplates and I'd like to do lacquers too. I also would like to have a feedback head.

I'm looking at newer stuff but I'm open to other suggestions. Located in Spain.

So far in my list

AM44 - very interesting, I'd like to see one - also very unsure about availability
ZEZ - interesting too I'm trying it soon - several things need to be clarified
Magnetovolt - no info
Sillitoe - not released yet

I'd like to stay under 10 000€

Peace

jesusfwrl

Re: WTB new or used lathe?

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:03 am

Just to clarify, Magnetovolt only offers custom disk mastering systems to your individual specifications.

These can be based on vintage lathes such as the Fairchild project on the following link:
https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6142

Or perhaps on the AM44 system subject to availability, as in the project on this link:
https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6725

We are not going to be offering a lathe of entirely new design any time in the near future due to the impossibility of offering a high performance lathe for disk mastering at a price anyone would be willing to pay, since the R&D for starting from scratch would require an unrealistic budget.

We are generally very excited about the AM44 project and we are heavily involved with it at the moment. It is a system that can come in many configurations, from basic to super high end. More details will be posted in the near future.
Both Flo Kaufmann (the originator and main developer of the AM44) and ourselves are also busy with other projects, but we are doing our best to keep the development going.
Our own Magnetovoltized version of the AM44 prototype is currently in regular use as the main disk mastering system at Magnetic Fidelity, with excellent results.
Good things come to those who wait...

~~~ Precision Mechanical Engineering, Analog Disk Mastering ~~~
Agnew Analog Reference Instruments: http://www.agnewanalog.com

The_House_Records

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi Audiosteam, I could find no other way to contact you then to do this. This is a polite reminder to respond to that PM I sent you a long time ago, almost two months. I already tried emailing you BTW. Sorry if I am being rude replying on this thread, but I really need a response.

audiosteam

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Jesus- thank to your detailed answer I now understand what you're offering.
THR- PMed you... I'm slow.

ilium

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:44 pm

audiosteam wrote:Hello,
Sillitoe - not released yet

I'd like to stay under 10 000€
According to most recent update the base model will cost $15k
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdhjAd6Fv3q/?taken-by=sillitoe_audio_technology