For Sale: Embossing Styli, 6N/8N Feedscrews, CD-Record Adapt

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

For Sale: Embossing Styli, 6N/8N Feedscrews, CD-Record Adapt

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 am

hello everyone! I've been buying, using, repairing, record lathes for a LONG time. Over the years I've accumulated and sourced a ton of spare and replacement parts (mostly for Presto machines, but others as well). Very soon I will be opening a webstore to sell the extra parts that I don't need and replacement parts that I've sourced from various trolls who don't want to keep in stock or sell piecemeal.

Until that happens, I'm getting started with a few items that I've got ready now and ready to ship:

Sapphire Embossing Cone Styli: Short or Long Shank - $75 each - We (myself and the four other lathe cutting services that operate out of my studio with 8x 6ns) have been using these for the last year. They were a tremendous upgrade from the Tungsten styli we were using, largely because the aluminum shank is less dense than tungsten and allows the high end to really shine. Clarity is amazing with these. They are not as hi-fi as a diamond cutting stylus, but they are much cheaper and easier to use, and with some practice and eqing you can get some really great cuts. I DJ mine around Tucson regularly. Very good bang for your buck. They don't require vacuum or heat (heat lamp is recommended). We usually get 200+ 7" sides out of each one if we are careful. Once the needle starts to dull on the original face, you can turn the needle 90 degrees and get a new face, which generally works like new. Thousands of records have been cut using these needles, and we have been VERY happy! Made by Rich Flores.

CD-Record Adapters - 100 for $25. I have these center adapters custom made to perfectly fit the center hole of a CD (they are sloped, so they lock in well) and the center pin of a turntable. You can use them to make CDs that play on your turntable AND in your CD player. 3 min of groove audio and 40 min of digital.

Presto 6N/8N Feedscrews - $125 each - 136, 160, or 180 LPI. Work great on all 6ns or 8ns. made by John Batchelder

If you are interested, please send me a PM or email me at Lathecuts///aht///yahooooo///dawt////cawm

Please also let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. I have working cutterheads, complete and functional lathes, and tons of parts for sale.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

piaptk

Re: For Sale: Embossing Styli, 6N/8N Feedscrews, CD-Record A

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Sapphire Embossing Cone Use Manual

These sapphire embossing cones should be set up in the head to cut polycarbonate in a way very similar to a sapphire cutting stylus on lacquer. We typically get 200+ 7” sides from a single needle if you are careful.

Material You Can Cut: We use .060 polycarbonate plastic, which can be sourced at any plastic supplier. We have also had good luck using Myshank cutting blanks.

Angle: Your stylus should be about 4-6 degrees from perpendicular (leaning a little bit back).

Weight: These require no additional weight on the cutter head

Setup: Begin with your cutting tension screw completely off-setting the weight of the head (needle off the disc). Start your turntable and slowly lower the spring tension until the needle is just touching the disc. Then add a little more weight until the groove can track on playback. On a presto 6N, I give it about 2-3 full turns of the knurl knob that lowers the spring. Your lathe may vary.

Tracking: Cuts with these needles should track on ANY turntable, including cheap Crosleys.

Surface noise: while it is very difficult to alleviate ALL surface noise when embossing polycarbonate, if done right, the noise floor should be very low for these needles. If you

Once a Needle Wears out:
If you begin to get too much surface noise or are having distortion in some frequencies (and you are sure your setup is correct), you can turn the needle about 90 degrees inside the head armature and get a new cutting face. This should allow you to get more clean cuts. This can be done several times. Return your dead needle for a $30 credit towards a new, sharpened needle.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

fredbissnette

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:07 am

i def want some sapphire cones
Instagram @styluspressurerecords

Gus