Mono Cutterhead Repair

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, Simon, mossboss, Aussie0zborn, tragwag, Steve E.

Re: Mono Cutterhead Repair

Unread postby opcode66 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, 320 Diamondsi & Stereo Feedback Cutterheads Soon!
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Rewiring, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More.
www.DeepGroovesMastering.com
opcode66

Blog: View Blog (2)

Unread postby tapesandtubes » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 am

Hello! I just wanted to say that I recently had Todd restore my Presto 1D and it's amazing. He does a tremendous job--very meticulous and professional. If you have a head that needs repair, don't hesitate to get in touch with him. Now I need to send him my Presto 1C... :D :D :D
Presto K8 | 6N
tapesandtubes

Unread postby opcode66 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:14 am

4-18-2017 Cutterhead Rebuild Log
Full rebuilds of the following types of mono cutterheads for audio disc recoding: Presto 5-C, Presto 1-B, Presto 1-C, Presto 1-D, Recordio, Audax RH5, Audax R56, Grampion D, Thorens Type G15, RCA MI-4887, RCA MI-4889, and Olson.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, 320 Diamondsi & Stereo Feedback Cutterheads Soon!
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Rewiring, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More.
www.DeepGroovesMastering.com
opcode66

Blog: View Blog (2)

Unread postby lofiaudio » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am

I am the very happy recipient of one of Todd / opcode's most recent batch of cutterhead repairs. My Presto 1D now literally looks brand new and is cutting loud, clear cuts (and now with BASS!) and has a much extended frequency response, in addition to being rewound to 8 ohms to work with modern amps. The level of attention to detail is just incredible, down to cloned tiny mm sized set screws, newly fabricated parts including the damper and more. Very cool that he also sends you pictures of the process along the way and a video showing the completed head being tested. Seriously can't recommend enough, and that's before you see the incredibly reasonable invoice for the repair.

Thanks Todd!!
lofiaudio

Previous

Return to Services