List of Confirmed Record Pressing Plants

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Aussie0zborn

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:42 am

Hello Mart and wlecome to the forum - hope to hear more from you in future.

Thank you for the complete list of plants in your country. I have updated the list on Page 1 so it is as complete as possible.

mossboss

Polysom Brasil???

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey all
Against Aussies Rules while scratching around come across this any knows anything Or have I missed it in the list?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1eKWSlvc1g&feature=related
Cheers

mossboss

Same again

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 pm

And another Video of the same plant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSfL4nrLXxI&feature=related
Couple of Leneds? and an Alpha, archaic plating baths No lathe visible I did not see it any way Looks like an oddball ex injection machine extruder with a Fabeldis mod in the nozzle The dog is for Quality control purposes or may be is a descendant the original HMV one, I am not sure, he looks happy enough May be he just finished his shift
Cheers

dietrich10

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 am

I hope they are not cutting warm dirty lacquers in there.
cutting lacquers-vms70 system

Aussie0zborn

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:03 am

The plant is Polysom Brazil. That second video at 8min 38sec is about eight minutes longer than it should be. The closing credits list a director, a camerperson and two camera assistants, amongst a crew of ten. What they needed was an editor!!

They are huge extruders!!!!!

mossboss

Polysome

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 am

Big extruders aright Are these people still around? Cheers

IndependentRecordPressing

New Pressing Plant ....soon!

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:15 am

Hi All - have to move premises - and I've not even set it up yet - would've been on a farm...then he realised I would be operating heavy machinary and couldn't get the nod from the local council!
-
The Beaurocracy in England is getting quite stupid...altho I have(hopefully) managed to secure a grant from the same people for starting up a new business Manufacturing NEW product ! Crazy?

Still...Can't complain, things have gone very quick - just need to find new industrial premises within 20 miles of where I AM -and soon...!

Also, does anyone know " monkey " on here? Just had the offer of help, which is most grateful, just wondered if anyone knew if he was local - based in the UK -local - going to need all the hands I can get..!

Cheers all,
John.
Resurecting Independent Pressing from the dead...

Aussie0zborn

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am

We never heard back from John...
Are these people still around? Cheers
Polysom Brazil closed in late 2007 and re-opened in November of 2009 with new owners. The new owners own a succesful record label, distribution and music publishing business and have already secured work from three majors and from nearby countries.

They recruited three experienced and retired guys, salvaged what they could from the old presses and what they couldn't salvage was sold for 10c per pound. They claim to have bought new machinery and now have eight European presses with a capacity of 28,000 12" discs and 14,000 7" discs per month which doesn't make sense. This sounds more like two 12" presses and one 7" press - both on a slow cycle or they stop work each day for a siesta.

These guys have had a lot of success with their label, think "outisde the square" and appear to be rather progressive. They are clearly onto something here. Wishing them all the best!

Aussie0zborn

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 am

The list of actual pressing plants in operation today has been updated on Page 1 of this topic.

Chris

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Think curved pressings is still open in UK.....

www.curvedpressings.com

Aussie0zborn

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Curved Pressings sold their pressing plant to Timmy in Germany who has offered the presses for sale here in the forum. I believe they still do disc cutting.

Maybe someone in the UK could confirm if Quick Press Productions are still in business?

Chris

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:34 am

Ahh, I just assumed they were still doing it as they still offer it....

Cheers for the info though! :)

Chris

edit: - By the way, does anyone know of any cutting rooms in Netherlands, other than record industry - I'd like to check one out that's local, if possible, but don't seem to be able to find any info

Aussie0zborn

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Many websites claim to press records. Thats why the start of this topic says "Do not relay on Google. Only list those plants that YOU KNOW OF that actualy press records".

If you do a Google search for VMS70 or VMS 80 Netherlands I am sure you will find a cutting studio or two.

mossboss

Chris for cut's and Quick Press for Mike

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 am

Mike
Quick Press this outfit is out of Buissines Confirmed two weeks ago while in the UK
Chris
Why dont you pm GalviTed He is in the nederlands and he does Galvanics so he would know I know of at least 2 cutting houses One of them is Marc but I have no contact He has posted here once or twice If memeory serves me well He had a VMS 70 which he wanted to sell as he got himself an 80 or 82 the other name is escaping me at present I know not much help but they are there for sure
Look up member list search for galvited and pm him
What is wrong with the UK you are only across the drink and you have a choice there almost a daily service to Holland
Max at Vinyl Only is a good cutter and they will also do a set of plates for you to send for pressing anywhere
Also another Chris
Chris Benett he does a good cut and he can supply you plates as well
Let me know via pm if you want contact details
We keep it amongst the Chris's than Ha Ha
Cheers
Chris

Chris

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 am

Cheers!!!

The reason I want to check a place out is more for my own interest than to get something cut - I'm looking to get into cutting myself, and I saw some comments on here that the best thing to do is go visit a place. I could go when I'm back in UK if I can't find anyone here, just thought people here may know of a few over in NL.

Thanks for the info and I'll get in touch if I have no luck here!

Edit - Spoke to Ted and he was extremely helpful, cheers again!

capsulelabs

Capsule Labs is pressing 12 inch in Los Angeles

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 pm

We're mastering, cutting lacquers and pressing in house in downtown LA. We specialize in small runs and custom packaging.
CAPSULE LABS
Analog Mastering and Vinyl Record Pressing
http://capsulelabs.com

blacknwhite

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Does anyone object to the inclusion of some of the information in this thread, in a tentative upcoming 2nd Edition of Larry Boden's "Basic Disc Mastering" book? (with a reference to this forum)

Also, will try to contact each business directly to ask, but if someone reads this first, let me know if you DON'T wish to be listed in the book, or if you have more detailed contact info for a resource, or if contact info has changed...

Thanks,
- Bob

mossboss

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Mike
Not sure if you have Included Diamond Black in Lutton UK in your List
By the way since Flight 13 has flown the coop you may as well delete them
and you may as well get rid of Vinilium in Belgium as they have stopped by now
Cheers
Chris

Monkey

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

thought diamond black was classed as 1 of the 2 under the radar plants??

mossboss

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Hey Primate
Couldnt have been that much "under the radar"
So far they are concerned they just had a pressing plant making records with little regard about what this or any other forum labeled them as, at the end of the day so what
It was the fact that there was no website or active promotion or no one here had visited the plants
That is the reason that the plant was called "under the radar"l
Besides it had to be a plant that was real rather than a broker and there is no doubt that the plant exists and still manufactures
Quite a nice setup as well with a VMS 80 Galvanics quite a few presses 7" 10" and 12"besides a couple of picture disc manual presses
The other "underground" plant is now out of production by the way
Cheers
Chris