Universal Cutter Head patent Information

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Stevie342000

Universal Cutter Head patent Information

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:00 am

Reading another thread under newbies on information on the Universal Disc recorder, I found this in my saved documents.

There is a US Patent for the Universal cutter head which can be found under US Patent 2198080 filed on the 15th December 1938.

It has large scale drawings of the head in question it might be useful for those trying to make replica mono heads, in the Morrison book he started out using Universal Recorders Equipment and I seem to recall he rated the heads.

subkontrabob

Re: Universal Cutter Head patent Information

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:52 pm

I couldn't find the patent by googling the number you mentioned, are you sure it's complete/correct?

Does anyone have general information on these "Universal" machines? What is the full name of the company? Is it related to Bill Putnam / Universal Audio ? (I suppose not)

It would be nice to collect some info in this thread. :D

Stevie342000

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

subkontrabob wrote:I couldn't find the patent by googling the number you mentioned, are you sure it's complete/correct?

Does anyone have general information on these "Universal" machines? What is the full name of the company? Is it related to Bill Putnam / Universal Audio ? (I suppose not)

Hi Bob
Sent you a PM
Steve in the UK

Stevie342000

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:45 am

Stevie342000 wrote:
subkontrabob wrote:I couldn't find the patent by googling the number you mentioned, are you sure it's complete/correct?

Hi Bob
Sent you a PM
Steve in the UK
Different Universal but here is the Patent attached for the cutter head, yes I am sure that is the right number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.