EMI MC-4B Lathe Photos

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

EMI MC-4B Lathe Photos

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi Trolls,
Further to my initial Post, the Ebay "Seller" has now included more Photos of this EMI Lathe, which I've now Downloaded into this PDF, Enjoy :-
EMI Lathe Photos.pdf
Now I've had a look at more detail, I agree even more with Stevie342000, that this is a most probably a Mono Cutterhead. I'm further speculating that the Cylinder Shaped Components, are 2 Huge "Potted Coil" Electro-Magnets which look to form a Powerful Base "Magnetic Circuit" with Audio within the "Voice Coil" Boosting or Opposing the Flux provided by said Coils to Vibrate the Stylus. This function being accomplished in later designs, with "Horseshoe" Type Magnets
Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aussie0zborn

Re: EMI MC-4B Lathe Photos

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:03 am

Good work. Any chance you can post this in the original topic so tha we don't have two topics on the same machine?