hardcorehell

Request for info/manuals on RCA Victor M1-12701

Sun May 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi, first time on lathe trolls, came into my first record lathe today having pretty much no experience, hope to pick up a lot from the DIY lathe folks as I would like to build one eventually.

Picking up the lathe tomorrow, haven't seen it but its in good working order just doesn't come with blanks. Anything I should know/ask when I pick it up?

Aussie0zborn

Sun May 16, 2010 6:24 pm

You have probably already asked these questions, but here goes...

1. Does it work
2. Does the head work
3. Has the seller ever used it / tried to use it?
4. Can you see it in operation?
5. Does the head work?
6. Any manuals. schematics, etc?

Good luck with your purchase!

hardcorehell

Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm

he said its a family pass-down and in working order, just doesnt have blanks. i have no way to verify that of course.. but hey. gonna pry him for info/manuals/etc when he shows up

thanks

hardcorehell

Mon May 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Got it today. Amp powers on, turntable powers on/spins. Visual appearance okay, lots of grease where grease needs to be, dusty, surface rust on outside case hinges and thats all.

No documentation, just that double sided instruction mat. Phonograph arm looks okay, only issue is

1) No cutting needles
2) Nothing to cut on

The volume and tone switches spin pretty freely but I can feel when they're at the max (10) and min (0), that's probably just the threads being loose or something.

I have pretty much no electronics/audio engineering background and sunk 50$ into this so anything I get out of it is positive :) If anyone has any links to manuals/parts/etc it would be much appreciated.