JayDC

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:31 pm

he's probably at sea atm.. :P j/k
generally its for reproduction.. but i like to play wif it sometimes.. :P

opcode66

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:03 pm

mossboss wrote:Did not seem to have anything on the outside
This is a 45 rpm module moded to do half speed (i think)
Have you a half speed box of any description?
If the box was moded for half speed only then there would be nothing on the outside. There would be no need for a switch as discussed in my post.

However if you wanted a box that did both 33.3 and 16 2/3 then you would need a switch. (or 45 and 22.5)

No, I don't have a half speed box. My attempts to find one for sale were fruitless.

Given the schematic, I see no reason my mod wouldn't work. I would post a picture of this area of the schematic but don't want anyone on me for copyright infringement.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

opcode66

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Will no one comment on this mod suggestion?

Ok. Well, just waiting for a 3PDT switch to arrive so I can try it.
opcode66 wrote:Ok, from looking over the schematic I see three points that would need to be switchable to achieve a PS66 box that would be capable of two speeds (e.g. 33.3 and 16 2/3). This mod would work in assiciation with the diameter switch mod.

As I read the schematic more than one wire would be required for the motor to change speed. 1b and 2b on 3013 both need to be switchable. The third wire 4a on 3012 simply changes the RPM lamp display.

A Three Pole 2 Position Rotary Switch, wires, soldering iron, solder, desolder braid and a phillips screwdriver are all that is required for the mod. I use alphanumeric sticker labels on the wires before soldering into the box so you always know what wire is connected to what pin. It is also easy to check each pin wire with a multimeter to insure you soldered your wires to the correct points before soldering on the switch.

You can drill a few holes in the side of the box enclosure. One large one for the wires at the very bottom of the enclosure. Several others that will allow you to screw a small plastic project box to the side of the enclosure. The platic project box will have the rotary switch(es) mounted on it. Tuck in the wires and screw the box onto the side of the enclosure. Screw the enclosure back down onto the PS-66. Presto you are done.

Speed Mod for PS66

45 Mod
Tuschel PS3013
-------------------------
Motor Control
3a -> 1b = 45 RPM
OR
1b -> y = 22 1/2 RPM

Motor Control
4a -> 2b = 45 RPM
OR
2b -> x = 22 1/2 RPM

Tuschel PS3012
RPM Lamp Selection
3b -> 6b = 45 RPM
OR
3b -> 5b = 33 1/2 RPM

33 Mod
Tuschel PS3013
Motor Control
3a -> 1a = 33 RPM
OR
1a -> y = 16 2/3 RPM

Motor Control
4a -> 2a = 33 RPM
OR
2a -> x = 16 2/3 RPM

Tuschel PS3012
RPM Lamp Selection
3b -> 6a = 33 RPM
OR
3b -> 5a = 16 2/3 RPM

Comments anybody? Constructive input is always welcomed.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

Nickou

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:47 am

the idea to switch the diameters is good, a lot of 66 users did it ,
but using the same box for 2 different speeds no : you need to setup l lv and v, the meter and a few others parameters per speed, also the values of the components are changing with the speed.
So one box per speed is the only way to do it right
You will find on the schematics all the values you need to modify any existing box to any speed.