Ni-Chrome Heater Wire Length

Topics regarding professional record cutting.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

Ni-Chrome Heater Wire Length

Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi There Pro Trolls,
Sorry to bother you busy people, I just thought I'd sneak into the Vinyl Mastering, Lacquer Cutting, Pro's & Others Section, as I figure it's probably the best place to ask these Questions and get them Answered. Can you Guys, Gals or Others please tell me :-
"Is There a Specific Length of "Ni-Chrome" Wire Tails on Every New Stylus???"
Is there an Industry Standard? or does the Length of the "Wire Tails" vary from Stylus Supplier to Stylus Supplier?
I only ask, as it may assist me when I'm positioning any Terminals/Connectors on my "Lazarus Lathe Project" and prevent me from having to Re-Do any Work because I've not installed said Terminals/Connectors the correct distance from the Stylus Holder.
Thanks in Advance Pro's
Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear

smithadamm

Re: Ni-Chrome Heater Wire Length

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:54 pm

The wire on the rubys I buy from Apollo have approx 2.5" of lead on each side, it seems pretty consistent looking at the stili I've got sitting around from the last year or so. I'm eyeballing all of this, but that's ballpark.

Soulbear

Re: Ni-Chrome Heater Wire Length

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:52 am

Hi smithadamm,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my enquiry, it's much appreciated. Taking 2.5" now as my Max Heater Wire Length, it doesn't give me a lot of scope, but I'll try and work my Terminal mountings to land well within that distance. Thanks once more for the Info.
Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear