Presto 6n For Sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

alexdw5

Presto 6n For Sale

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:01 pm

I am selling my Presto 6N with feedscrews. I'm in New Lebanon, NY, about 2.5 hours north of NYC.

This is the same machine the user swordsect sold here on Lathe Trolls back in Nov. I'm asking for slightly more because: a) I've gotten the machine to work(previous seller sold it 'as-is'), and b) it's the only one on the market right now.

This machine works and embosses records, but needs a little TLC. It is being sold as in “fair” condition but is functional – I've made numerous cuts with it.

Here’s what you need to know about this machine:

* There's a rumbling noise when the machine is switched to 33rpm. It doesn't happen when switched to 78rpm, which leads me to conclude that the idler wheel needs to be adjusted. The noise doesn't show up on cuts.

* The lever that drops the head needs to be adjusted so that it retracts properly. Sometimes when I get to the end of the cut I have to move the carriage back so it sits on top of the lever.

* You can see from the pictures that there is a crack in the plinth(the wooden box that the machine sits in). I do not know the story here and neither does the previous owner. For all intents and purposes, it's just a wooden box with posts in each corner to seat the platter assembly and armature. Nothing fancy, you could build your own in an afternoon.

* I haven't been able to get perfectly silent cuts. This may be related to whatever caused a crack in the plinth, or it may be a setup/calibration issue.

Here's a link to a Google Drive folder with three videos showing the machine in action, and the issues mentioned above:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sxP6CcnT5Fk3MIcnCVFFQ_V4kneFSCIw

Pictures can be seen here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y_3Qwz9WWLdBc329LLLBCUDyL_odWx4h

As you can see, the machine embosses, the head is in good, functional condition, and everything works but may need fine tuning.

The package includes:

* Presto 6n Record Lathe
* Transformer box that steps up the voltage from the amp to the head
* (4) Feedscrews: 112 In-to-Out, 112 Out-to-In, 160 Out-to-In, and 192 Out-to-In
* (4) packs of 1a fast-blow fuses for the transformer. Keeps the amp from frying the cutter head.

I also have the rest of the setup that I'd make you deal on:

* Pyle power conditioner
* Samson 2-Channel Graphic EQ
* 275-Watt 2-Channel Samson Power Amp
* Road case

Looking for $5500. Make me an offer.

Prefer local pickup but will ship to continental US. Buyer pays $250 shipping to have it professionally packed and shipped.
Presto K-8
Presto 6n with 1C Head - FOR SALE
---------------------
New Lebanon, NY

alexdw5

Re: Presto 6n For Sale

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:09 am

Pretty sure the motor is ok. The noise in the video is coming from the 33rpm idler wheel, not the motor itself. Received a new idler wheel from a guy off eBay but it didn't fit so I'm sending it back. If you're interested in the machine, I can try to adjust.
Presto K-8
---------------------
New Lebanon, NY

cartridge-repair

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:25 pm

What are you asking for the Presto? Gib
West-Tech provides service and parts for record cutters and phonos for the hobbyist, adventurer and enthusiast. Thanks for your patronage. Gib

alexdw5

Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Hey Gib, pm'd you.
Presto K-8
---------------------
New Lebanon, NY

alexdw5

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Bumping this. Now accepting offers on the 6n.

Also have a K8 that's in pretty good condition. Working speaker, working tube amp, both out-in and in-out feedscrews. Accepting offers for that too.

Hit me up. Thanks!
Presto K-8
---------------------
New Lebanon, NY

alexdw5

Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 pm

Buuump.

Adjusted the carriage on the 6n, it's fixed.

Not in any rush, but I am looking to sell both lathes – the 6n and the K8.

Make me a fair offer for one or both and I'm likely to accept.

If no response here, I'll put them up on eBay.

Lastly, I know it's quarantine times and funds are tight, but just think of all of the lathe cuts you could be making(and likely selling)! lol
Presto K-8
---------------------
New Lebanon, NY