Selling Scully lathe / Neumann cutting equipment

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

platesrecords

Selling Scully lathe / Neumann cutting equipment

Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:13 am

Hi all

After having this unique lathe for 6 years or so, I'm finally thinking of packing it in and selling up.
It was bought in a fairly rough state and has been given lots of love and care and several upgrades/replacements over the years. It now runs nicely with a brand new pitch/depth control and rim mounted motor. It is one of the few Scully's out there running with a Neumann suspension box.

I also have a Neumann VG66 rack and modified Neumann SP72S desk. Neither are fully working. The VG66 powers on but needs some love and recapping. The desk has been in use over the years but definitely needs an overhaul. It has some cool features including BBC studio PPMs, a vintage countdown style clock and of course, the essential Neumann ash tray.

Also included is a Caruso cutter head in great condition, all cabling, power amps and pre amp.

PM if interested or if you have any questions.

Cheers
Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

platesrecords

Re: Selling Scully lathe / Neumann cutting equipment

Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:14 am

Please nore, this lathe is now mounted on a sturdier and nicer wooden bench-style table and also the cork lining on the turntable has been taken off and the platter sanded/flattened to be in a much better and flatter state

andybee

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:13 pm

no answer on pm´s still sold?

wangliurun

Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:49 pm

Can it be transported globally?

platesrecords

Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:06 am

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest. This is currently on PAUSE as I have a UK buyer who has first refusal. If/when this is back on the market I will put a message in here.
Apologies.

Nick