chip removal for Vinylium owners

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

bumbinstien

chip removal for Vinylium owners

Tue May 20, 2014 11:02 am

Hi the title says 'chip' but im still cutting lacquers. Just started actually & have cut a few. I made this chip jar rig with some tubes & a hand held vacuum but i gotta stand there & try to catch the lacquer strings with the little tube (sometimes bumping into the cutter!). Anybody care to share a method of mounting a tube to the Vinylium cutter chassis? or any other tips? im sup prized that i didnt break the sapphire yet.

bumbinstien

Re: chip removal for Vinylium owners

Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 pm

may be this is the wrong forum for this/ may be i should have posted this in the newb section? sorry about that.

dubcutter89

Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 am

HI!

Normally you want the chip tube to come from the backside of carriage to the cutterhead (looking to the cutting face of the stylus) like on neumann systems.
maybe there are some screws, holes, angles etc. you can mount your suction tube on, or maybe drill a hole or use some hot glue...

theres a vid of a kingston machine with chip suction but you cannot see too much...

Lukas
Wanted: ANYTHING ORTOFON related to cutting...thx

alexsation

Wed May 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi bumbinstien! I had such a problem, I am have long suffered very and messed least 20-30 lacquer discs. In a result I performed a miracle and now each record for me a pleasure!
I hope my experience will help you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alexey Sobolev.
http://www.vinylium.ru
http://shop.vinylium.ru