proper way to pack a suitecase lathe for shipping?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

socialroots

proper way to pack a suitecase lathe for shipping?

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:50 am

Hi everyone ,im a newbie,and finally bought a Rek O Kut challenger as my first lathe. posting this thread because im in need of some advice ,and instructions on how to pack my machine to ensure that its going to arrive at my home in good condition. the machine is in the states,and will be shipped by air cargo over here to Taiwan. ive seen somebody elses rek o kut on another post arrived all mashed up,wanna minimize the chances of my machine arriving in the same condition!

Never had to do this before and my friend who will be entrusted to pack and drop off the lathe for shipping,will need some insructions,so any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Patrick