presto K10 dating/ configurations

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

flashbk13

presto K10 dating/ configurations

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:31 am

Hi all,
its been quite awhile since I was in here. After selling my presto 6N (didn't have the space for it and the other outboard equipment and cables), I dropped out. Well now I have a nice K10 (as it is self contained), serial #6210. I've seen on the net that these are 3 speed (with proper sleeves), but mine is only 2 (I assume the large sleeve is 78 ). I have seen a few configurations of these: 1 with only 1 curved PB arm and 2 sleeves (2 holes on the bed plate for these) and mine has 2 straight PB arms (stowed in the lid), 1 has the gold head with only standard groove 78, the other has the silver for micro-groove with flip over stylus for 33-45/ 78 on the other side, with the same bed plate as the K8 with only 1 hole to store the 78 sleeve. I'm guessing mine is either a cheaper entry or earlier K10? How can I date mine, since these were made from the 1930's until presto went out of business. Does anyone here have a copy (or can make a copy for a fee) of the K10 manual? Thank you, Rick.