Tweeters copper wire

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

studiorp

Tweeters copper wire

Mon May 09, 2016 5:00 am

Hello all, here someone knows exactly the diameter of copper wire of tweeters used in diy cutting heads perhaps ?
Thanks .

Soulbear

Re: Tweeters copper wire

Mon May 09, 2016 5:15 am

Hi Studiorp,
I can't help you with the wire diameter, however, once you find out what it is, this Company carries a good selection and is someone I've used a number of times.
http://www.brimal.co.uk/cable-wire/enamelled-copper.html
They also publish a specification sheet (resistance, current carrying capacity etc) on the site for reference. I know this isn't what you asked for but I hope nevertheless it proves useful
Best Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear
Enamelled Copper Wire.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

studiorp

Mon May 09, 2016 7:08 am

Hi Soulbear, thanks, link many interesting. Thanks again. All best.

Bahndahn

Sun May 15, 2016 12:31 pm

As a good general starting point, 32 AWG will be fine for the drive coils. Of course there are many parameters that may tweak this wire thickness over time but if you are shooting for 4Ω, 32 AWG is a good place to start.