Vinylium Dub cutter, Urgent help needed please!

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Mudshark

Vinylium Dub cutter, Urgent help needed please!

Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am

Help needed please guys.
I have a Vinylium Dubcutter which is giving me nightmares at the moment, with the feedscrew stopping randomly anywhere during a cut. Already destroyed 2 styli today. Decided first to have a look at the half-nut and feedscrew in the cavity behind the cutterhead, and I found a loose wire. The switch on the right has one wire attached and common sense tells me the loose wire should go on the other terminal of that switch. However, there's similar connection on the left side which seems to have no purpose (that I can see) unless this wire attaches to that. Shame the paperwork that came with the machine (new) is so basic.
If someone could have a look at theirs, or just someone who knows could help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

flozki

Re: Vinylium Dub cutter, Urgent help needed please!

Thu May 24, 2018 9:58 am

both switches are in parallel
one side of the cable on one leg
the other on the other leg.

there are only 4 pins going from the mechanics to the Kingkong (the controler print.
2 are for the motor 2 for the end switch.

if you send me an email flo (aet) floka (doet) com
i can send you some more infos. with adjustment instructions etc.

no time right now
but i will probide some infos about kngston cutter on my website..

and the unit cant be new. as the last ones where sold around 2009/ 2010 i guess.....

flo

Mudshark

Re: Vinylium Dub cutter, Urgent help needed please!

Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks Flo, just sent an email to you. The machine isn't new, I just meant that I bought it new from Vinylium :)