FOR SALE : 1. RECORD PRESS TOOLEX ALPHA 12"inch from Ge

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

12press

FOR SALE : 1. RECORD PRESS TOOLEX ALPHA 12"inch from Ge

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi Record Plant Freaks,

i sell one or two TOOLEX ALPHA 12"inch Machine from Germany.

The Machine was working in UK by Curved Pressing (London)
And later here in Germany in Bremen 28195
We are the Owner of 8 Machines from Curved Pressings and we want sell now

one or two Machine for each 12.ooo Euros.

When you have Intress, we can send you Pics from these Machine
via E-Mail.
All these 2 Machines are on the paletts. Ready for shiping for around the world.

Best Regards
Timmy

email: info@12press.com

:D

Aussie0zborn

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:42 am

Thank you for the information Timmy. There are four Alpha Toolex AD1202 automatic 12" presses on Ebay right now for 5,500.00 GBP = 6,419.45 EURO and they have been on the market for one and a half years so you might find it diffuclt to sell at this price right now.

Do you have any 7" presses?

mossboss

Gold Plated ones Here!!!!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:57 am

Is there a mistake somewhere Timmy?
12,000.00 EUR=10,235.35 GBP from Timmy in Germany
5,500.00 GBP=6,447.24 EUR From Bob in the UK
Same machine same era same maker They do the same thing Go Figure
This link was only posted a week or so ago!
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=vinyl+presses&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Oh Yeah Up for three weeks now and about 30-50 views each time they get re-listed Anything listed on ebay that people want seems to have about the life of the auction end date with sometimes fierce competition and a price that reflects what people are willing to pay It does not appear that buyers are lining up for these ones
Please! Let's keep it in some perspective guys It is a free place to post adverts I am sure some homework first with a simple search would flash out recent post's so as not to look silly Any one looking for a machine would do his homework well before parting with his money apart of course from people looking for a $49.99 "vinyl burner" to stick in their computer so as to make records which only results in wasting everyones time
Cheers

andybee

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:20 am

@ mossboss

have you seen the toolex pictures?
they are looking very very heavy used, steam valves (1500€)
are also missing, I (don´t) want to see the control panels....
you need also new moulds (I think, nearly 90% sure), and the
hydraulic and pneumatic looks also not very good...

Maybe the condition of the timmys press is much better,
and some spare parts (important) are also included...
I also sold 3 Toolex 1202, one year ago, each for 10.000 Euro,
so thats a normal price.

I think, in 2009 a lot more stuff is on the market... but machines
don´t getting better....

:roll:

mossboss

Presses

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 am

Hey Andy
Thank you for all that information Much obliged If you need any steam valves let me know at 500 Euro each I am certain that you know the price in Europe We get them made here by a tool maker just like everything else we need Not a problem In so far as the control panels go there two kinds Alpha Toolex used The one's with the old brains more control and the later ones with stupid brains no contrtol So why bother with this s..t Just put in a modern PLC for about $800 in each machine and you have total control and your own program that you can adjust as you need to if ever These old controls are painfull not that easy to maintain all the electronic components are getting old and leaky the timers are 9 out of 10 times out and all that rubbish I agree with you But you don't need to use them As I said any decent PLC programmer or even a Half decent one will do the job for about $1500 which can be used in all the machines as they are all the same They dont need that much control really He will give you the program as well if you don't want to do it yoursef which is not that hard
In so far as the dies are concerned they may need machining for about $700-1000 each if they are Toolex dies They are good for 1 Million pressings for sure and more They have plenty of meat on them so you can even get about 150-160 Grams out of them by remachining Unless of course they leak which is good night nurse You can take them in your boat and use them as an anchor If they are other brand you may be right you would need new dies At the end of the day is just a matter of what you know and what you can do
All the same these machines mechanically are extremely good They do not wear out and their are the best record presses ever made IMHO But it is all a matter of how much you want to pay and what you are prepared to do to get them up and running There are a lot of machines out there but very few brave souls like you me and a few others who are prepared to keep them going You know I just got a 75 Tonne four post press for less than $1000 with hydraulics included and I am going to turn it into an auto 7" press and will post it here in this forum step by step just for the fun of it it will take a bit of time as it is a bit of a laugh really but it will show others that may be keen how to do it EMI did just that so did SMT and Lened A standard 100 tonne press with some automation Alpha where the masters no question about it By the way I really like the 702 you got in your little flat Factory whatever Great to see it running in that video poping out 7's Good on you

Cheers

andybee

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:55 am

500 Euro for one Steam valve? not very cheap...
For a standard valve (BÜrkert, END etc.) you pay arround 200 Euro.
:)

motorino

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:16 am

Steam valves are like the cars, you can drive a Hyundai or a Porsche

The better ones are inox, for nuclear centrals use, you can use 24/7 without problems in a press for ten years, but prepare 2000 euros for a 1 1/2 inch with double actuator

IndependentRecordPressing

Toolex Alphas...cheap?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:49 am

Recentley - I've offered £2,000 for a 1202 - and it was accepted - Just got to figure out a way of setting it all up...and it comes with 3 diff.moulds, comp.board re-made and new(ish) valves - for £2000 all in cash - get some perspective guys - as mossy and Aussie say - it's a brave soul that gets into this busines...! John.
Resurecting Independent Pressing from the dead...

Aussie0zborn

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:15 am

Go John!! Good work. All the best in your venture!!

mossboss

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm

andybee wrote:500 Euro for one Steam valve? not very cheap...
For a standard valve (BÜrkert, END etc.) you pay arround 200 Euro.
:)
That is for a set of 3 THREE One hi-low steam valve, 1 water in, 1 water out
Just like Toolex made them. Iron body bronze insert Stainless shuttle conical spring standard threads
There are better sources any way
If you scrounge around the local junkyard you will find steam and water valves for the price of scrap metal The ones with the bellows for steam or water by Sarco Sirex are the best with spares available from year dot Don't buy them new they are like motorino says Porsche's in so far as price is concerned Bronze body stainless inserts best if they are pilot operated with air pressure so you can pulse them Lovely stuff about $20-30 each
Any way since nowdays most people want to just quote a part no and get their stuff from the manufacturer this may be a waste of a post for some On the other hand the brave soul may find it usefull
Cheers

mossboss

Re: Toolex Alphas...cheap?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 pm

IndependentRecordPressing wrote:Recentley - I've offered £2,000 for a 1202 - and it was accepted - Just got to figure out a way of setting it all up...and it comes with 3 diff.moulds, comp.board re-made and new(ish) valves - for £2000 all in cash - get some perspective guys - as mossy and Aussie say - it's a brave soul that gets into this busines...! John.
Ohhh John! You paid 2400 Euro for a 12" Alpha? You are ruining the market mate You should be ashamed
Mate Well done Any help with getting it up and running you are most welcome to pm me Pitty you are not closer as I would have provided hands on help
On another point
If there was a genuine interest in keeping this wonderful game alive for the small independent pressing guy (is this is not a pun?) a low cost entry into should be the aim
However it seems very little of this happening which is a shame since everyone that is selling is in the game anyway and he does not want more competition around him unless of course the tin is empty
A last point
It may have not occured to a lot of people that the reason there more Alpha machines around than other brands is due to the fact that these where dedicated record presses I would say the finest ever made
They are not as suitable for general purpose four post press work that is common in industry The three post design does not allow the versatility of a four post press
Most other machines where standard 100 tonne presses and they did finished up in various workshops to be used as such after all of the moulds valves and automation was ripped off them In actual fact I did see one advertised recently as a 116 Tonne upstroke four post press SMT
Cheers

thomas

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 pm

John hello,

Congratulations.

Are you in contact with George?

My best-

IndependentRecordPressing

Help in the Uk for Re-profiling...?

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:42 am

Thomas Hi - as I bought my press from Chris over in Nottingham, He did mention there was a guy called geoge in London I believe who could help with e-preofilinf, but did'nt have his no. or new the Name of the busness - any help?

Also, as I've said to Mike and Mossy - I'll need all the help I can get with setting it all up- still llooking for a water tower....!

john.
Resurecting Independent Pressing from the dead...

andybee

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14 am

yo, I have a small cooling tower for sale, 60x60cm,
axima, complete new set up and running, located
in germany (lindau)