hmm yummy

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

ameise

hmm yummy

Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 am

Simon

Mon May 17, 2010 9:33 am

This has been posted before.
Happy to learn something new.
Wanted: Stylus for Presto, Mono heads Grampian, Fairchild, Presto, Fairchild 740 lathes, Presto 8n, 8d 8dg lathes or parts or Presto or wot ever recording Amps, PM me what you have for sale.

piaptk

Mon May 17, 2010 3:02 pm

I made a chocolate record out of a stamper a few years ago.. It sounded pretty darn good, except that I didn't have a vibrating table to get the air bubbles out. I'm going to try making one using a rubber mold. Probably do that next week or something.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

blacknwhite

Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Simon wrote:This has been posted before.
No it hasn't, that was a different chocolate records video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LavSdy8mf_s )

Piaptk, you should make several molds, and get friends to help you pour, and make a "run" of one of your releases on limited edition hand-made chocolate :lol:

---
Side note - The video says Mr. Lardong (the guy in the video who looks to be less than 60 years old) created the world's first chocolate record. However, the first chocolate records I've seen are from around the 1910's, commercially made toys by Stollwerk & Company, acoustically recorded, vertically modulated, and they played on a spring-wound stamped sheet-metal toy phonograph - pics, including a rare surviving record (no bite marks :lol: )

It also says "several companies in Japan are interested in buying the patent..." If he DOES have a patent, it's totally Worthless! You can't PATENT something that's already been done in the 1910's by someone else; and you can't patent the concept of molding stuff out of chocolate... but I guess it doesn't hurt to Try :lol:

- Bob

Image Image
Last edited by blacknwhite on Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piaptk

Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

blacknwhite wrote:
Piaptk, you should make several molds, and get friends to help you pour, and make a "run" of one of your releases on limited edition hand-made chocolate :lol:
That is actually the plan once I get it figured out.. .Just have to figure out how to ship them!
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com