Limited runs of lathe cut records

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Factorcuts

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm

MEGAMIKE wrote: love the hunted bordello story,how old is the building? .. :) .
The building was built in the early1870, the mission in SF is actually older, but the house was the center of any town, built on ancient native burial shell mounds, first place too vote, all the ancient trees in oakland went out my back yard where the bay used too be before they pushed it back a half kilometer and made a artificial barrier island all out of grabage and scraps...the railroad and highway sealed the deal!
Mark twain and aleister crowley have both hung here and probably gotten laid! I know crowley read cards in the bar, all solid oak and white marble saloon! Dancehalls, mazes of stairs and corridors! Built on a leyline on the san andreas fault! I ran the ivory tower, two victorian apartments that had original oak floors and high ceilings with rounded corners...vinyl sounds epic in the place! The tallest man in the world used too live in my rooms! Old 8'10" norwegian firefighter! Tons of ghosts and spooky stuff, crazy basement to shiver the bones of the toughest...I could go on and on...in fact im 10,000 words into a chilling novel about it!
Goa Gill trance in the 90s-hip hop- tecno-present day dubstep and back to burlesque...Im friends with a bunch of painters and fashion designers and musician, circus freeks, ect! Im a performance artist(magician/juggler/dj)deadhead burner punkrock bluegrass tango kinda guy, i mix pink floyd into dubstep, into minimal, back to the cure, into congolese voodoo, back to drum and bass, into bob marley....on three 1210s, strictly vinyl! I have tons of laptop dj/producers/serato djs to actual vinyl purests who dj and produce, plus several bands, that im friends with, so I just made a bussiness card and went to some parties and said hi to my mates and bam....lots of clients! The cuts sound great and the last a long time! Im about to move my studio again into this super pimp pad with a killer view of the bay! Im lovin my decision to listen to my inner voice and become a vinyl cutter!
I thank all the masters that kept this alive when the corporate mindfunk almost stamped it out (no pun intended!) to be replaced with a cd!
But we needed to come full circle on alot of stuff in this life to make it all work out!

Aloha,
sinister minister

MEGAMIKE

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:59 am

good heritage fracto...
alister crowley WOW that guy did some lathe cuts i wonder if it was there ..or just his drug sex gang bangs with L.Ron Huboured ..the other sientology lathe freak...

anyways you are welcome here anytime come stay at our studio...
.... ,and the reel to reel thing is nothing you can cut any thing.. drumachine, synth, or full 32+channel setup :D ........

opcode66

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 pm

MEGAMIKE wrote: ..or just his drug sex gang bangs with L.Ron Huboured ..the other sientology lathe freak...
Aliester Crowley never personally knew LRH. Certainly never had a depraved sex party with the guy. I've studied the works and life of A.C. for many many years. A big shout out to all my fellow Thelemites.

Factorcuts

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah the place is crazy, stairs that go to little weird rooms, doorways to doorways! Its like a crazy maze funhouse!
I dont think crowley did any lathing here tho, deffinetley debaucherey!
The place and another in Coos bay oregon is where the statement "youve been shanghai'd comes from! Every hundreth lumberjack or so that came and got drunk and got a hooker would wind up dosed with opium and in the cellar, then on a ship in the bay! Back then lumber was booming and not many sailors! So u would wind up a sailor the next day out in the bay! Paid position but no way out! Cant swim very far once you are in the bay! Nasty currents and sharks!
You cant go a minute in the place without something raiseing the hair on ur neck! Fun place too throw electronic parties! We would have like 400 guests and four different dj rooms, jug band out in the backyard, party for twelve hours no problems! But now we are just trying to keep it mellow!
I read the crowley tarot of thoth, i have read alot of OTO and gurdgief and ect. Im not the most authority on it tho, but I thinl opcode is right LRH and crowley missed each other...there is this spot north of here where LHR wrote about his observations of sex, but I cant remember the details!
Its crazy the scientologists have two of the machines we all want! But thats life!
The reel to reel... Im gonna do it soon!
I think tonite will be the big professional debut of some of my plates! The big Get Freaky afterburn party, about four thousand guests! Im excited!

Peace,
factor

graph

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 pm

hi guys.

ive been trying to get in touch with souri regarding my purchase of a vinyl recorder but i am no longer recieving any response from my recent emails i have sent

i hope im jus being paranoid. but for whatever reasons its looking like i wont be able to get my vinylrecorder, i hope im wrong.

what to do now, i dont know.

feeling very gutted at the thought of not being able to purchase a vinylrecorder.

like i said, i hope im wrong.

Factorcuts

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Did u pay for the VR and have not recieved it?
When I ordered mine, I had too talk with Souri for like seven months before he would actually let me buy one! I think he had a order he was filling before me and he also wanted to make sure I really wanted it! I tried to get him too send me everything...he wouldnt but he did send me more than the normal start up kit! He puts each machine together to order at his shop, he just got one too NY, he has the stuff too only make so many of them also!
But he wouldnt even let me send him any money till the machine was built and packaged to go! I kept trying to send more money and order more stuff, but in the end I got hooked up! Patience is the key with Souri, we talked like 200 emails, and alot of them were just friendly conversations! Ive talked too him on the phone like 3 times, but i have no number for him!I love the guy! He is very busy man, who isnt doing this for the money!
Be patient and send some cool emails! Talk about yourself and goals, make it clear your a friend! Thats really important with him is first impressions and friendliness, and willing to respect his schedule and stuff!

Good luck!
Factor

if i can help i could forward your email to him and tell him u want a machine!

graph

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:14 pm

hi factor i have sent p.m.

fraggle

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 pm

I cannot say this doesn't sound familiar.

graph

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 am

relief, souri contacted me today!

cheers.

Factorcuts

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Yay! Patience and respect are vital when communicating with the man! He is putting his limited number of machines out there as a service too the community! He is very busy and if u give him shit or dont take any if his shit he will drop you! He isnt doing this for the money! His machine could cost alot more, but he is just trying help us all out!

Glad u were able too link back up!

Peace,
factor

petermontg

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:26 pm

go visit him graph hes only a 1.5/2 hours on a flight
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.