Any cutters around Vancouver area?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Davidjamesgraham

Any cutters around Vancouver area?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

I would like to find someone to do a few copies of a couple projects i have done.
The first one is 12 tracks and is 36 minutes long. I am hoping to find something that is somewhat durable that i can listen to quite a few times. I would like to have 5-10 copies of it.
The second project is a full length that has yet to be recorded... i would like to have it completed for June.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!

davidjames.graham @ yahoo.ca

piaptk

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:36 pm

There are a handful of us around the Seattle area, but nobody that does poly cuts for hire I don't think. There were some kids, but they moved to Athens.

petermontg

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Your pushing your luck there with time deadlines most of us have long queues

Mike is referring to the lads at singlepieceslate.com there turn around is around 12 weeks at the moment. But might be worth giving them a heads up.
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.