Patents (for research use)

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fusionkid

Patents (for research use)

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am

As i'm sure everyone knows looking at patents can be very interesting and usefull, there seems to be no end of patents relating to disc recording.
I was thinking it would be a good idea if a database was assembled with all relevant patents in it. It could then be searchable too.
This could be an invaluable tool for any constructors of equipment.
I think it would be a good idea to do these sorts things not only for our own benefit but for anyone interested in the subject.
Anything that can attract newbies, or convince anyone to get involved in making records is a positive thing :!:
Last edited by fusionkid on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

blacknwhite

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 am

Couple years ago, went down that road & found 180 patents I thought were interesting for some reason or another. That could be a starting point: Scroll down past the dead image links for the list:

https://lathetrolls.com/lathetrolls-post-2745.html&highlight=#2745

- Bob