air mounts

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TotalSonic

air mounts

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Currently my Fairchild lathe is on casters (which is what it came with) but as the floors in my studio are just hardwood with little isolation, and I'm close to a 4 lane street with heavy traffic I know I'm going to have to pull the lathe off of the casters do some additional isolation. My tech thought the best solution rather than building a platform was just to get some air mounts for each of these legs.

I'm looking for something that can handle the 200+ lbs weight of the cabinet, excellent low frequency rejection, that can be height adjusted to allow for easy leveling, and hopefully isn't that expensive (although I don't need or plan to cheap out on this).

Any suggestions for something that fills the above requirements is appreciated!!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson