Emory Cook article

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Self-lather

Emory Cook article

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 pm

I found this Emory Cook article while surfing the web today. Pretty cool. He talks briefly about the microfusion process, and it has some photos of his factory line and presses.

http://www.roger-russell.com/cook/cook3.htm

..some other info here as well:

http://www.roger-russell.com/cook/cook.htm

-Thomas

Kris D

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:41 am

Thanks Thomas!

Really good stuff here. I've been curious about his cutterhead for a long time. The cutting chain in the photo is pretty epic. Can anyone shed light on the gigantic meter bridge and knob compliment? What became of this setup and his pressing equipment? The article eludes to sale of the pressing equipment. I'm going to dig deeper into this......

- Kris

Self-lather

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Kris D wrote:Thanks Thomas!

Really good stuff here. I've been curious about his cutterhead for a long time. The cutting chain in the photo is pretty epic. Can anyone shed light on the gigantic meter bridge and knob compliment? What became of this setup and his pressing equipment? The article eludes to sale of the pressing equipment. I'm going to dig deeper into this......

- Kris
How cool would it be if we could dig some of this stuff up? It's got to be laying around somewhere.

According to his wikipedia article, some of the equipment was donated to The Smithsonian.

-Thomas