something pretty sad....

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fraggle

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:07 am

cymbalism

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Both Leola's in Omaha and Homer's in Lincoln have closed down. There's still Recycled Sounds and Backtrack in Lincoln and Antiquarium, Drastic Plastic, Homer's and Record Benders open here in Omaha. A few other shops sell records too but those are the main ones left
all the best!
- tommie 'plan 9' emmi
poly-cut lathe cuts / cymbalism recordings

mossboss

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:48 am

Hi all
Melbourne boast's the second oldest record store in the world up there on top of Bourke street
Its been in operation since 1926 on the same spot and still there its origins where 10 years earlier in another location
This shop has always sold records alongside whatever other medium was on offer like cassettes cartridges of all kinds and of course CD
The first record store in the world was in all places Milano in Italy Not sure if it is still there though
I dont think there is anything sad about a record store shutting down at the end of the day it is a business just like any other business
Some of these shopkeepers deserve to shut down in my view They where there by default they sold records and cared nada for the customer when the going got tough they just shut down and in my view and personall experience good riddance to some of them
Pro music media as well as record sellers are still there today
No doubt about that
They had and have a simple philosophy
Customer First
Even if he is wrong the customer is always right
Cheers
Chris