(passe) Lathe Trolls MAINTENANCE TONIGHT!

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

(passe) Lathe Trolls MAINTENANCE TONIGHT!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 am

Dear all:

I am finally moving this site off phpbbweb.com. I will be hosting it on a site that allows much better administration of the data. It is my hope that the registration process will be less glitchy, and that the data will be backed up in a safer and more frequent manner.

There may be some brief downtime while the site moves. I will do my best to minimize this. But don't panic if it seems to disappear briefly. It will be back!

The web address will change. That is to say, https://lathetrolls.com will cease to be the address.
You should be able to use http://lathetrolls.com. If, for any reason, that ceases to work for a little while, https://lathetrolls.com should bring you to the correct address.

It is my intent that any cross-referencing url links to other threads on the site will continue to work. There is a chance that they will be tangled for a day or two. I'd imagine that Google might take a little while to catch up cataloging the threads.

Your login username and password will not change. Your private message mailbox will contain your messages.

The site might LOOK slightly different, as it will be phpBB3 instead of phpBB2. But there will be no radical changes in the organization of the site.

I will do my best to warn you when the move is eminent. Feel free to check in with me by PM if you are concerned that the timing of the downtime might interfere with any transactions you are carrying out on the site. I will do my best to keep you in the loop and help your planning.

I've been rehearsing the migration using a backup, to make this transition as brief and glitch-free as possible. Fingers crossed, the site will be better than ever in 2013!
Last edited by Steve E. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drdub

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 am

if you need help, let me know.

cheers mex
satan spins vinyl

*** www.drdub.com ***

tragwag

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm

moving up!
:)
if there's anything I can do, let me know.
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

Angus McCarthy

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 pm

tragwag wrote:moving up!
To the Eeeast Siiiide

powerstrip

Re: ***HEADS UP: Lathe Trolls is moving!!***

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Steve E. wrote:Dear all:
But don't panic if it seems to disappear briefly. It will be back!
I wouldn't want to see any HG Wells war of the worlds type situation here..

Steve E.
Site Admin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I am planning to move the site tonight. It will offline for a few hours, probably starting around 9 pm New York Time (EST). Fear not. It should be back in business by Thursday January 17. If things go disasteriously, I will reinstate the old board until the bugs are worked out, but I don't foresee a major problem. Catch you on the other side!!

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: ***HEADS UP: Lathe Trolls MAINTENANCE TONIGHT! OFFLINE.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Ta da!! We are in our new home! Please email me and report any problems. I'm sure there are little configuration snafus here and there.

bancho

Re: ***HEADS UP: Lathe Trolls MAINTENANCE TONIGHT! OFFLINE.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am

The new site looks great! :D
I think I'll still have to get used to it.... but I'm almost there. :wink: