Anybody know what happened to "Audadvnc" aka Robert Hughes?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Deke Dickerson

Anybody know what happened to "Audadvnc" aka Robert Hughes?

Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi all--

I'm going to Minneapolis this weekend and I would love to try and visit Robert Hughes, aka "audadvnc" on this list, but he doesn't seem to be an active member on the forum anymore and I can't find any contact information for him.

He posted a bunch of photos to the forum of his Scully 501 lathe with original fixed pitch gearbox, and I really want to go see this lathe in person when I'm in Minnesota this weekend.

If you know how to reach him, please let me know. Thank you!

Deke Dickerson
818-554-1080

Greg Reierson

Re: Anybody know what happened to "Audadvnc" aka Robert Hugh

Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Hey Deke,

I haven't seen him in a while, but that's not unusual. I just left a message for Ralf at Atma-Sphere. Haven't seen him in years either but I'm pretty sure he's around. I'll let you know if hear back

Hit me up if you're in town.
612 327 8750

GR
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74

Deke Dickerson

Re: Anybody know what happened to "Audadvnc" aka Robert Hugh

Thu May 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Greg--

Thanks! I actually talked to Ralph at Atma-Sphere this morning after doing some online detective work. he said Robert has been so busy with other things for the last year the lacquer cutting and lathe forum have gone by the wayside. But I hope to visit their cutting room and see the lathe while I'm there.

I'm going to be in Minneapolis Saturday night through Tuesday afternoon. I'm playing the "Memory Lanes Block Party" with the Trashmen on Sunday night at 9:30. Other than that I'm pretty much free. Let me know!

Deke
818-554-1080 (texting is good!)