Vanrock e-101 weight spring

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, mossboss, tragwag, Aussie0zborn, Steve E., Simon

Vanrock e-101 weight spring

Unread postby Sam » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:54 am

Hi everybody.

I am new in the field and i have only a little bit knowledge ..
This is a great place and I am learning every day but I think today i'm stuck :-) .. So please, i need your help!

I have a Vanrock E-101 and it seems to me that there is a problem of weight adjustment.

The machine has already been dismantled in the past, there are marks on the screws and the knob selection (Stop, standing, recording ...) is used at the base, so it has already been removed I guess.
"
I have pictured the spring inside/under the wheel weight adjustment

The lever "lock / free" and the wheel weight adjustment are not working properly.

I would ask those who possess a VANROCK E-101, to help and tell me if my spring on the photo has a natural tension as it seems stretched down.

I want to buy a diamond stylus (Myshank) but before I want to be sure that the head is not too heavy or too light .. I'm afraid to break my diamond quickly .. 230$ lost in a bad move is really bad :-(

Thanks to everyone who take the time to answer!
Attachments
20160823_085505.jpg
Sam

Re: Vanrock e-101 weight spring

Unread postby Sam » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi.

Please, is anyone can post a picture of the weight adjustment spring of Vanrock E-101 or Atom-101???
I just need to compare my spring. Mine seems to be too tight.
Thank you very much!
Sam

Return to Secrets of the Lathe Trolls