Cuttertone – Vinyl cutting pre-processor VST

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

alexsation

Cuttertone – Vinyl cutting pre-processor VST

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello Trolls !!
A few days ago I came across the VST plugin Kuttertone, the forum has never mentioned this plugin, it might be useful to someone. Unfortunately it's paid, but I think it's worth it.
Here are some useful links:
http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2016/03/08/cuttertone-vinyl-cutting-pre-processor-mastering-effect-or-mixing-tool/
http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2016/09/16/finalizing-mix-cuttertone/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alexey Sobolev.
http://www.vinylium.ru
http://shop.vinylium.ru

ennayess

Re: Cuttertone – Vinyl cutting pre-processor VST

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm

alexsation wrote:Hello Trolls !!
A few days ago I came across the VST plugin Kuttertone, the forum has never mentioned this plugin, it might be useful to someone. Unfortunately it's paid, but I think it's worth it.
Here are some useful links:
http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2016/03/08/cuttertone-vinyl-cutting-pre-processor-mastering-effect-or-mixing-tool/
http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php/2016/09/16/finalizing-mix-cuttertone/
Nice, worth a punt at $20!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaron

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:52 pm

NOT cool. It’s $20 and well worth it!

SONARC

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm not usually big on plug-ins, being an analog hardware guy, but this one sounds like it specifically targets some of the functions that could be of some use to folks who hang around places like this. At $20, it's certainly worth a test drive, at the very least. Most likely, I'd want to see what it does, then do an A/B comparison against some of my rack gear. Maybe then I'll finally get around to testing out some of the stylii I bought from Alex a while back as well! :oops:

Hmm... this reminds me of another post I read elsewhere on this board....
descent wrote:Enjoy for free ;)
☁☁☁☁
Oh yeah, this one:
Re: factory PVC blanks?
Sillitoe wrote:Hopefully you will have great respect for what these people have accomplished when you try to actually do it yourself.
They offer services through years of hard work, investment and risk.
'Nuff said.

descent

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Hey boy, we don't need ideological lessons here. Everyone try to learn here, so you can pay 20$ for the plugin and let all the other to try it for free and if it's so special then we will support the buy. All the time ideologies of nothingness...

SONARC

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:28 pm

Ideology? I'd reckon that everyone needs some form of it or another, except maybe sociopaths.
But hey, I'm not a preacher, just some guy who is trying to learn how to make records; and - like everyone - has a few opinions about some things.

My apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings by suggesting that it might not be cool to steal - particularly from those who may in be in the best positions to help us learn.
I keep forgetting that most of the folks who hang out around here have money just spilling out of their pockets.

Oh, and that's "Old Boy" to you, youngster. :lol:
descent wrote:Hey boy, we don't need ideological lessons here. Everyone try to learn here, so you can pay 20$ for the plugin and let all the other to try it for free and if it's so special then we will support the buy. All the time ideologies of nothingness...

aaron

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Really? Posting pirated software on here is ok now?

descent

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Your PC includes licenced software 100%? I think 99% of all the users here and worldwide-in every home-pc, have many software which are not official licence. Maybe this is bad in some reasons maybe not. I support the idea to try for free and if you like ok then you can support the buy. So, stay cool.

piaptk

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah guys. No pirated software here, please.

If you wanna steal copies of Photoshop from a multi billion dollar company like Adobe, that is your prerogative, but this board really shouldn't be an avenue to steal from one of us.

There are very few people that even know this niche exists, and if they want to make a VERY reasonabky priced resource for such a tiny market, we should either support them or at the very least not steal from them.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

alexsation

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 pm

I personally paid 20 bucks for this plugin, it's not pirated software, it's a license, I can prove it !! I decided to share with the trolls and there is not something banned. The post was deleted and I think it's not right!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SONARC

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Bless you, Mike.
Sorry if I stirred the pot again, I seem to have a special knack for doing that.

I’m still running some other tests with the EQs, etc, so I haven’t had a chance to compare the Cuttertone app to my regular way of doing things, but I’ll post the results here when I do.

Meanwhile, I feel compelled to respond to this, for whatever it might/not be worth:
descent wrote:Your PC includes licenced software 100%? I think 99% of all the users here and worldwide-in every home-pc, have many software which are not official licence. Maybe this is bad in some reasons maybe not. I support the idea to try for free and if you like ok then you can support the buy. So, stay cool.
Since my wife and I are web developers in real life, and one of the applications I assisted her firm with is for a high-level Federal Bureau, I am generally cautious to the point of occasional near-paranoia, regarding matters legal and not legal. Hey, it pays the bills, and with my limited social skills, I’m not about to go biting any hands that might put food on my table. I’m at an age where most of my peers are retired, and I’ve got a mortgage and grandkids to think about, among other things. I doubt if I ever was cool to begin with, so when I start rolling out out my newbie gold questions in a little while, it might help to understand just what kind of nebbish you’re dealing with here.

Two things I used to tell my kids:
1) If you want to go jump off a bridge, it had better be for a better reason than just because all your friends are doing it.
2) If you’re going to do something you know might get you in trouble, it’s probably better not to go around advertising it.

Some years back, I met Kimya Dawson at a show in Olympia, WA. Standing next to me at the merch table was a young girl who blurted out to Kimya that she was a *HUGE* fan, and had downloaded all of her records from Napster. Kimya replied that she was glad the girl enjoyed her music, but since she was only selling her CDs for $4.00, she would appreciate it if people would *buy* them instead of steal them, because she could use the money to feed her child.

And then there’s this, which I used as my e-mail signature for a while:
"All I require is the ability to listen to what I want,
when I want and how I want it.
Is that too much to ask?"
- Emily White, NPR "All Songs Considered" intern

socialroots

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:02 am

one of the things my father taught me and i have also passed to my son is " there is no such thing as a free lunch". Have the times and people changed that much?
Maximum respect,
Patrick

sat159p1

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 am

I use cuttertone sometimes to get rid of harshness but only for mastering but not for cutting.
This tool is useless for cutting records. It's a HF limiter with additional stereo widener and a (heavy pumping) compressor. You will get worse results than your dry track, whatever setting you make on this one.

piaptk

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:31 pm

alexsation wrote:I personally paid 20 bucks for this plugin, it's not pirated software, it's a license, I can prove it !! I decided to share with the trolls and there is not something banned. The post was deleted and I think it's not right!
Hi Alex, I deleted the post with the link to the software. You bought the right to a personal license. But legally, that does not extend to anyone who you share the link with.

From a Board Moderator perspective, it is not in the board's best interest to have software being shared openly and illegally. If someone wants to contact you and get a link off-board, then that is between the two of you, but having it available for free and open download here is not only illegal, but unfair to the owner of the intellectual property of the app. It would be nice to be in a world where people would try it and buy it, but we all know that humanity cannot be relied on to do that.

If another Moderator, or most importantly, Steve, feels that your free download link being taken down was unfair, and that it should be available, then they can post here and it can be reposted.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

alexsation

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello!
No problem, I agree to the statement on the ownership of the right. Many trolls can not afford to buy software and software; and I sincerely wanted to share.