Anybody have a vintage clip-on microscope light for sale?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Deke Dickerson

Anybody have a vintage clip-on microscope light for sale?

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 pm

I'm looking for a microscope light like the one pictured below. This is for the microscope on my Scully, though I've been told that this style actually comes from a Presto recorder. I have the microscope and the base, just need the light. I have already contacted Len and Jacob Horowitz and also Mike Dixon and they don't have any available. I'm really needing this part, so if you have one, have cash and I'm desperate! Let me know!

Deke Dickerson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Re: Anybody have a vintage clip-on microscope light for sale

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:I'm looking for a microscope light like the one pictured below. This is for the microscope on my Scully, though I've been told that this style actually comes from a Presto recorder. I have the microscope and the base, just need the light. I have already contacted Len and Jacob Horowitz and also Mike Dixon and they don't have any available. I'm really needing this part, so if you have one, have cash and I'm desperate! Let me know!

Deke Dickerson
Deke, if it's simply practicality and for illumination might this be suitable? :D If you're looking to keep the aesthetics perhaps not! :(
Regards
Soulbear
The LED Lenser K2 is a high quality LED Mini Key-Light made from strong aircraft-grade aluminium.
Though minute, it is a touch larger than some other micro-sized lights and this extra size equates with bigger output:
a beam distance up to 20 meters with a maximum 25 lumens brightness.

The torch is a helpful source of everyday short-distance light, which is useful for finding things hidden under the bed,
for lighting up key holes or even checking footing in slippery conditions.
Turn it on with a deliberate twist-action, a feature which makes it less likely to come on by accident in a pocket.
Even if it does the generous 5 hour burn time should keep this mini key-light going for longer than others.

Features:
Powerful mini key-light.
Energy efficient LED Light Chip.
Reliable German engineering.
Smart, yet robust aluminium casing.
Twist on-off switch.
Water and dust resistant to IPX54.

Technical Information:
Size: 60 x 14mm Ø.
Power: 25 lumens max.
Run Time: up to 5 hours.
Beam Distance: up to 20m.
Weight: 20grams.
Supplied with: Batteries (4xAG13).

Technical Specs:
Burn Time: Up to 5 hours.
Effective Range: 0 - 20m.
Dimensions: 60 x 14mm.
Weight: 20g.
Power Supply: 4 x AG13 batteries (included).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deke Dickerson

Re: Anybody have a vintage clip-on microscope light for sale

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 am

Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking if I can't find a vintage light, I'll have to rig up something for functionality. But yeah, holding out for something with the same vintage look...

This little light is interesting, though, and it's certainly worth checking out as a possibility! Thank you.

Deke