Hara va80 belt

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Spiderxdeath

Hara va80 belt

Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Hey guys . I recently snapped my belt on the Hara. Previously I’ve made a new one from a power cable, it’s durable and stays in tune more than the old rope belt but only lasted 10months . However those 10 months I really pumped it.
Before I throw another power cable on I was wondering what any of you guys may use .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Re: Hara va80 belt

Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:31 am

Hi There,
Spiderxdeath wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:59 pm
Hey guys . I recently snapped my belt on the Hara. Previously I’ve made a new one from a power cable, it’s durable and stays in tune more than the old rope belt but only lasted 10months . However those 10 months I really pumped it.
Before I throw another power cable on I was wondering what any of you guys may use .
Poly-Belt Making-0.jpeg
Poly-Belt Making-1A.jpeg
Poly-Belt Making-2.jpeg
Poly-Belt Making-3.jpeg
Poly-Belt Making-6.jpeg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJuQdiyFSB8 @2:30sec
Voila
Hope this Helps :wink: :wink: :wink: Regards Soulbear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.