You released a record you are most proud of. Where would you go to cut/emboss it? Who is your cutter?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

plasticmastic

You released a record you are most proud of. Where would you go to cut/emboss it? Who is your cutter?

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:30 pm

I'm looking for experienced polycarbonate embossing (cutters are also fine, although I read diamond + polycarbonate is rare) engineers for a 30-run project.

The records are not conventionally made and are quite thicker (~6mm) than the average 12 inch record (~1.5mm).
These prototype records are made for an art exhibition.

I'm looking for experienced engineers who would be interested in approaching an experimental project with the following details:

Genre: ambient/techno
Tracks: ~ 30 minutes
Run: 30, 12-inch polycarbonate records
Method: Sapphire emboss/Diamond lathe/your recommendation

Interested in all leads, recommendations, and referrals!

piaptk

Re: You released a record you are most proud of. Where would you go to cut/emboss it? Who is your cutter?

Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 pm

I may be able to help you. Sounds up my alley. Email details to LatheCuts-AAAAT-yahooooo-Dawt-Cawm
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com