Apologies on the site being down.

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Apologies on the site being down.

Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:50 pm

Dear all,

I'm sorry that the site was down for a chunk of today. I've spent several hours on the phone with tech support, talked to three people thus far, and have yet to get an adequate explanation.

I had changed my billing method a few days ago. This resulted in my hosting provider withdrawing money from my account but not actually applying it to any services. Tech person #3 finally offered to give me a "free month" (which I've actually paid for) to get the site back up. This only happened after I was literally in tears over the whole thing.

Anyway.... enjoy! Thanks to discosdecorte (formerly fprado1978) for alerting me to the issue first.

discosdecorte

Re: Apologies on the site being down.

Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:58 pm

Glad to help, Steve! 🤗

Best regards,
Fer
🄳🄸🅂🄲🄾🅂 🄳🄴 🄲🄾🅁🅃🄴
www.instagram.com/decortediscos

farmersplow

Re: Apologies on the site being down.

Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Steve, thanks for your efforts, and for getting the site back online so quickly!