Anybody want business? A big/small project...

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

Anybody want business? A big/small project...

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:50 pm

I use United generally and have been relatively happy with the results, but would be just as happy to give my business to someone here on the board, if anybody wants it and can get close, pricewise.

Here is what I am doing:

a 6XLP series that is staggered 2 Lps every 2 months. 350 copies of each record, with blank labels. I will provide the lacquers. After that, I plan on doing a series of 12 x 7"s (2 every 2 months).

At URP, it would be in the neighborhood of $700 per LP, for 350 copies on regrind color vinyl. Ideally, I would like to have splattered vinyl, and would be willing to pay extra for that.

Anyone interested? Not trying to beat anyone up on price, but this is an expensive vanity project that is not guaranteed to sell out, and I've got to keep costs as low as possible.

montalbano

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 pm

We can do that, splattered, on manual presses. 180g moulds. Any color you like e.g. multicolor on clear crystal or red on white basis or multicolor on black basis (my favourite), etc. Not a problem for the price but you have shipping plus (moreover) customs to clear.
Can send you a pic of how records look like.
But I think you're a bit too far from the Bel Paese
Phil from Phono Press, Milan, Italy
http://www.phonopress.it

mossboss

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Ha Ha
Cheers
Chris

piaptk

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh yeah... that would be awesome... I wonder how much shipping would be. I know it can't be TOO bad (at least coming from Czech) because Pirate's Press has decent prices. Are customs a problem on the outward bound side? I don't think the US has any customs issues, or at least I've never dealt with customs on anything I had imported... If nothing else, I will definitely be in touch about some 7"s, which would be less price prohibitive for shipping...

cymbalism

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 pm

piaptk wrote:Oh yeah... that would be awesome... I wonder how much shipping would be. I know it can't be TOO bad (at least coming from Czech) because Pirate's Press has decent prices. Are customs a problem on the outward bound side? I don't think the US has any customs issues, or at least I've never dealt with customs on anything I had imported... If nothing else, I will definitely be in touch about some 7"s, which would be less price prohibitive for shipping...
I used to distro dance records and we would get like 4-5 boxes, big boxes of records from the uk and never had any customs issues at all so I'm sure you're safe that route Mike
all the best!
- tommie 'plan 9' emmi
poly-cut lathe cuts / cymbalism recordings

JayDC

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm

yeah.. I didn't have to pay customs fees when i did some @ acme in canada a million years ago..
generally its for reproduction.. but i like to play wif it sometimes.. :P

maniman

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 am

So take advantage of , here in Spain will charge customs taxes for things like Mike send me a pack of gum.

Cheers
Very Busy days , some cutting works at least , soon online again

We must promote the use and abuse of vinyl records.