Last call for press operator

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

montalbano

Last call for press operator

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Hello
Some of you will remember that some time ago we were looking for a press operator.
The time frame was not so short at the time but now one of the girls we have here is pregnant so first of all best wishes to her and her husband and second we really have to find someone in a short time.
Sure I might find - and I had found - someone locally but it was not the person I was looking for. Motivation is the key .. and curiosity. This is what I look for.
So to make it short if someone:
- is ready to spend about one year in Italy
- is in good health
- has not an official job yet
- is not lazy
- has much patience
- can stand high temps and is ready to change 3 t-shirts a day in summer
- and moreover wants to learn how to press records

He will be welcome here but he has to come here in the 2 weeks from JUL 18th to end of JUL to be trained (by me) and start to work in September.
There is a decent salary paid weekly, and accomodation provided by the company. The only necessary thing is that he has to be able to drive a car and best to have one; otherwise I can provide a Vespa or a bike.
Please note that he will have the chance to see also cutting and galvanics, for his knowledge if he's interested, might be useful, and we have everything under one roof, but his job will be: press operator.
Accomodation is not far from the company but I would recommend a car because it might be nice for the guy to be able to move to downtown Milan in the free time (yes we don't want him to be depressed) and here there is no subway. Only buses. There is subway in S. Donato, 7 km from here, and Milan is about 15 Km away.
There are anyway supermarkets, restaurants and shops in the surroundings of the factory. And not only... =)
No technical skills required - we have our mechanical here and also a senior press operator but I prefer to teach the guy in person. Again: motivation and curiosity are the key. The rest of knowledge will come by experience.
Answers to be sent within JUL 10th please. Otherwise I will go on in finding someone locally.
Various people in the forum can witness about the seriousness of our Company - by having been there or by being customers etc.
Phil from Phono Press, Milan, Italy
http://www.phonopress.it

mossboss

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:02 am

I want that Job! Cheers
Chris

montalbano

Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who applied (except Mossy!) =)
But no one from the EU! What a pity.
OK, I will cover this position until September and we will see what it is going to happen.
Even locally, it is not easy to find a press operator like I mean. Someone who really wants to learn and build a career in records pressing.
Nowadays young people come out from high schools looking only for a stable job and a decent monthly income without even worrying about which job are they going to do and moreover if they might be good in doing it or not. We all know that in factories personnel is trained on-site and that the basic knowledge is more or less appreciated but anyway replaced by the real practice - which might blend with it or not.
But in this case it is the perspective which is wrong.
What is missing is the curiosity and the hunt for knowledge. This should come at the very first in my opinion.
Take for example a bakery looking for a guy. He will be trained onsite and paid for his job - this is a given.
Now one guy might show off and say: look I want to be a baker. Teach me, I am ready to learn, and want to make good bread/cookies and whatsoever. I am curious about this about that etc. Product-oriented.
Another guy shows off and say: hey I know you are looking for personnel. How much do you pay?
Which one would you choose?
It doesn't matter if the salary is 1000 or 2000 Us Dollars per month, it is the approach to the job which matters, and I can tell you that nowadays in Italy as well as - probably - in most of the EU countries the schools are not preparing MINDS like they did years ago for this purpose.
Maybe the culture has changed, I remember I went out from school in the 80's and I can guarantee that either me and my schoolmates at that time had a total different approach in the sense that we wanted to learn a job and do it well before of thinking about anything else, which - we knew - came accordingly.

subkontrabob

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 pm

sorry to hear that. I would be very eager, but have some studies to finish....... :cry:

d

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I like the machines and operate them, fix them. Everytime I learn something about them I get very happy. I think I would like to get that knowledge of music pressing but I have no posibilities to go to italy. If there will be something similar here in Lithuania I would be more than happy to start immediately. heh

and it is true that most of kids finishing univercities or high schools do not really have any vision in some category of carrier. they just want to get a job no matter if they like it or not or even want to do it....My wife works at art academy and she is building teaching programs for students and she is always thinking about teaching them what they would really need when they finish studying and it goes quite deep into conflict with colegues who says to student that they are masters of art the very first year withour really helping them finding there ways to art or real life knowledge.

so happy hunting and hope you find the right one.
_______

MEGAMIKE

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 pm

dont give up monty the person you are looking for is in your city now ,you just have to find them.
yes we have this shit hill society of greed take take take gimmi gimmi gimmi want want want but they are the product of the parent ,a complete mirror image of us or mainly babyboomers.
i was a youth worker for 10 years and all i saw(in my city) was a complete neglect on the parents part to be involved with there childrens life style,it would have been easier for the parents come to the youth centre instead of the youth coz thats about how much there brains were working hahaha..
the youth of this planet see the REAL future they are not stupid,so most give up and run with the flow and just do what they want and get a job not for career but for income....money first education later.....

maybe try cultured youth like a dj who dislikes new technology,a record collector bent on music history,a breakdancer (very hard to become one so they must be dedicated),a radio host etc etc ...

sorry to put my 2cents in...

montalbano

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks to all.
Megamike are you a prophet or what?
Maybe Kano and the italodisco are inspiring you on your prophecies, because next week I am going to test an operator right from Milan.
And he seems to have the right attitude! We will see.

Nickou

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:00 pm

I am sure you will find

bi up to megamike
he his totaly right

If was 20 years younger, definitively I will try to get this job ... "!"!"!"!

mossboss

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:35 am

Hey I applied for the job But I got rejected as being to old You must be younger than Me You should have a go at it Ha Ha
Cheers
Chris

klikli_ska

Re: Last call for press operator

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

Ciao!

If you need someone for work again, I'm very interested!!

I was reading all the post and seeing my dream in your word!!

Seriously, count on me.

Cheers,

Kike

Aussie0zborn

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Why don't you send a private message instead of bringing an old topic up again?

mossboss

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Unlike most others at least he does know where the search button is man
Its a good thing
Cheers
Chris

klikli_ska

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Sorry.

I should have sent a private message.