Who are duplication.ca?

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

djlithium

Who are duplication.ca?

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Have you guys any idea who these guys are and where they are pressing and on exactly what?
http://www.duplication.ca/
thanks for any info.
As I am in Vancouver it would make sense to get stuff done in canada, but still going with Rainbo or Custom in TX could be cheaper for few reasons.

the shipping is probably the same. Tax will be eliminated or equal on import of the pressings, and why bother "pressing" in canada if they are just a service outfit and press in the US anyway?

Thoughts?
I need a full cutting solution. But would consider parts :)

Aussie0zborn

Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:19 am

Best thing is always to ask them directly in case you receive mis-information.

Using a broker means they will do everything for you so this can be a benefit. Their website states that their 12" records are pressed in Canada, except for the 12" white label promo package. Their 7" records are made in the USA.

Commpared with Furnace Mfg in the USA who make it look like they own a high-tech German pressing plant its very unusual for a broker to specify where their records are pressed so it would seem this company is up front and very straight.

But I would say that it's always best to deal direct with your local vinyl pressing plant. The only one in Canada is Rip-V : www.rip-v.com

djlithium

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 am

Yeah I will have to ask and see what's what. As for Rip-V, those guys are off the chain with their pricing. (way way too expensive when you factor in that exchange is flat right now between the USA and Canada).

I will find out what I can and get back to you guys.
I need a full cutting solution. But would consider parts :)

gold

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 pm

They are also known as AMTEC. They usually use Rip-V. I do some cutting for them.