GZDM

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Patastrophe

GZDM

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Hey

I'm looking for any info on GZDM the pressing plant in Czech Republic. From what I can gather they do a lot of business/ a lot of brokers use them for pressing. Anyways, I have been in contact with them for the past 6 months of so about getting a 12" EP pressed and up until now the communication has been easy, emails replied to, fast with quotes etc. but now they seem to have disappeared? I notice they've changed their website to gzmedia.eu but even the updated email addresses are bouncing back.

Does anyone know if they have gone out of business, or does anyone have a working email address to contact them? Lastly, would anyone recommend using their services (if they do still exist)?

Thanks heaps,

Pat

mossboss

Re: GZDM

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 am

They are having some hick ups with their IT due to migration of their web site
Give it a bit of time man they will sort it out
Persevere is my advise
If you have urgent needs let us know here
Cheers
Chris

mossboss

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 am

Alternative is this:
Here is a member here https://lathetrolls.com/search.php?author_id=10424&sr=posts
He works there Nice guy as well send him a PM see where it gets you
Cheers
Chris

Aussie0zborn

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46 am

Hey Pat, welcome to the forum. Whay dont you just do the patriotic thing and get your records pressed in Australia?

mossboss

Patriotism etc

Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 am

Patriotism went out the window long ago man
We are now a Global Village didn't you know?
Well that's until they start scratching around looking for a job for themselves or their kids in their country or very village they live in
Or when a manufacturer shifts his plant to some low cost country firing all and sundry
They all start protesting than don't they?
They forget the global village real quick than, they start looking at they own back or front yard and whoa it is just a services environment with no vacancies for any more people and no jobs either
Take a look at any western or even eastern countries market place Almost all manufactured goods are arriving from elsewhere
And why Argh the global village concept
Its great You do what you do best at the lowest cost and we will do what we do best at the lowest cost also
Every one gets a benefit
Yeah Right on
I have no issue with Adams "competitive advantage" scenario at all by the way, however lets do it in a level playing field
with equal rewords for the whole outfit, for the same effort, from CEO down to the factory floor operative,
Not twisted economic policy's as well as an artificial exchange rate or economic conditions that cannot possibly be met elsewhere
Yes there is patriotism for sure
It is a case of where you are in your village by comparison to the global village Mike
Cheers
Chris

GeorgeZ

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 am

Hello Pat,

there were probably some troubles starting new domain names, but it should be good now. If you are not able to contact your sales representative or your customer service person using their personal emails, try this email: info at gzmedia.cz or our tech-help email to our premastering studio for any technical questions: vinyl at gzmedia.cz

In case of any problems please send me a private message through this forum. Thanks.

BTW: Thanks, Chris, for taking care of this. You are always faster than light :-)

Regards,
Jiri Zita
Premastering manager
GZ Vinyl / GZ Media Lodenice
Czech Republic

Patastrophe

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks everyone for your replies! Thanks George, onto it now.