CYLINDER GREETING FOR THE LATHE TROLLS

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THEVICTROLAGUY

CYLINDER GREETING FOR THE LATHE TROLLS

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 am

greetings,
just wanted to post a video of a cylinder greeting i recorded. this is recorded on an Edison standard B cylinder phonograph using my new recording process. the Edison cylinder phonograph was the original record lathe. it is actually inherently efficient in making vertical cut recordings, being limited by the fact that this is a mechanical process powered by sound waves.

my new recording process produces loud crisp recordings and allows the transfer of any audio file direct to the cylinder with exceptional results. considering the age and the process involved the recordings are quite loud, in excess of anything Edison was capable of producing and yet the process remains virtually unchanged. the new process has been christened the CANAPHONIC transfer process. this cylinder was recorded using an invention of my own called the RECORDETTE. the result is an exponential increase in the efficiency of the mechanical process. the recorder head has been rebuilt using my own components, in this case the diaphragm of the recorder is made from isinglass. i am using an original Edison sapphire cutting stylus.

i hope this will stimulate some interest. the Edison cylinder phonograph is the original record lathe and can produce some exceptionally good recordings...

Benjamin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k58qrcIJiEE