Metal work - plating

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Serif

Re: Metal work - plating

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Not sure whom you're directing that to, boogie. The MossBoss has his own style of mirth. Besides, don't worry - I can't be laid off, fwiw, since I appear to have been grandfathered in (to this disc grandmothering thing). (L"

- Serif, the MasterBlaster at Dingbat's

boogievan

Re: Metal work - plating

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 am

Uh, it's directed at the thread; not at anyone in particular, Chip. ("bwooah~!")

So, I agree, let's make it called Making Stampers and Using Presses. That's nice and New Age pacifist while being wholly accurate from the perspective of the broader industry of galvanoplasty. ("bwooah~! #20, I mean, 2)...

Wait... that's it. This place should be called Galvanoplasty (with the accent on VAN)...

- boogie

Serif

Was: Re: Metal work - plating Now: "Pressing Concerns

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 am

M'kay, not sure what you mean by enumerated "Bwoaahs~!," but I do like the full form version of that word. Galvanoplasty. (for Rhino Records?)

You know, boogievan, most pressing plants make their own electroforms or are already working with electroformers. And most trolls who aren't pressing don't concern themselves with Galvanoplasty - just. Pressing _implies_ also relying on Galvanoplasty. So, it needn't even be mentioned in the section title unless there's to be an area devoted to just it. Whereas an area of thread-posting on the overarching topic of both stamper creation and pressing concerns is really already an area of thread-posting on the overarching topic of JUST pressing concerns.

In fact, Pressing Concerns is it. That's the new forum title. Whew. So glad that's solved. I'll e-mail Steve E. and we can get this sorted, allowing me to continue as Serif after May Day.

I think you'll like this, Tim E.:

http://www.unwords.com/unword/gagreement.html

- Chip Swarf