Don't plate. Do Ionic Fabrication..

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mossboss

Don't plate. Do Ionic Fabrication..

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Well the don't plate thread is now 4 pages long.
I decided that a better definition is warranted in view of the storm that was contained in a tea cup it has caused
So here we go for another linguistic journey
Thanks to the masters of the art whose wisdom I had to re visit due to this 4 page Don't Plate thread here, so here is more material for debate
Despite of all that has been said so far weather good bad or indifferent a critical assessment of all the labels or names applied so far do not define the process precisely
We can now discard all of them as another wordsmith, not me, has come up with the answer to this issue of Don't Plate but do whatever else, we are still left with an inadequate description
So to dispel any doubts as to accuracy rather than usage of past or current descriptions of the process I propose a new name or label
I am not sure if this new label will just to add another term to this confusing plethora of them
I have thought that it may replace all if not most of them
May be it will be adopted for eternity or it may be a nice addition to serifs or boogie mans already broad vocabulary despite its elegance and precision
Here is a perfect definition of the process
it has arisen from this Terminological debate, which I must say its been fun.
So gentlemen! why is it not:
Ionic Fabrication?
Not sure if renaming this section as the above proposal be of any value
Despite the fact that it is in actual fact a perfect description of the process, despite of all that has been argued by the purist's or linguist's here
It is certain that it applies perfectly as to reason ?
Is it not the case that when ions in any electrodeposition process loose their electric charge at the cathode they become metal again?
Don't we apply this action to achieve our ends?
Is it not that via this action we get a result making a part which we are going to put to use?
Is it not a fact that it has been fabricated by the action of these nickel ions?
In our case we finish up with a phonograph matrix, others may have a wave guide or a pitot tube common applications of Ionic Fabrication.
This certainly separates the electroplaters and heavy deposition practitioners from the
Ionic Fabricators.
So here you are guys let your linguistic wisdom to use and let it shine through
Cheers
Chris