Wholesale Distribution

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

sifis1983

Wholesale Distribution

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:30 am

Hi,

I have graduated from Music Technology & Acoustics University in Greece and I’m 33 years old. I’m a music lover and vinyl enthusiast for many years.
As you can see from my other posts, I have done some experiments, to emboss audio in polycarbonate plastic, but I'm still at an early stage. :)
But, that's only for hobby.

So, I'm planning to start a vinyl record store in the centre of Athens, Greece.
Well, I know that the topic is not match with the forum, but I think maybe there are some people here, that they could help me.

I'm searching for my first stock. I will, of course, stock new releases, BUT I will need some used stuff.
Specifically, I'm searching for distributors that they can supply USED vinyl records (in a wholesale manner), specializing in 50's, 60's, 70s, funk, soul, jazz, afro and reggae music.

If you have any suggestions, of a person or a company, that is located in the EU and fits to my enquiry, please let me know.

I will be glad to hear any suggestions.

Sifis

mossboss

Re: Wholesale Distribution

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:33 am

Distros will not bother with your request. Dead stock is usually sent to a plant for recycling. As far as I know the used record market in Greece is already quite expensive judging from prices in stores I visited while there. I suggest you contact distribution people yourself offer to visit remove the stock and pay around 30-50 cent euro each. There is quite a lot of it around in the uk as well as the USA. Keep in mind that airfreight will kill the deal but sea freight is reasonable. Record fairs is another source of course but your presence is again required as they will not bother with packing customs declaration moving them to ups etc etc
Craig's list advertisement that you buy records in the mentioned countries is another source. In so far as been specific to the genre is wishful thinking. You buy 10 milk crates of records say 800-1000 you may get 50-100 that are saleable the rest will be frisbee's. Of course there are always the new releases who most times are available for retailers. Good luck with it.
Best
Chris

Aussie0zborn

Re: Wholesale Distribution

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am

Ella Sifi,

Most record stores of this nature buy their product on overseas buying trips. You really need to go and find used stock yourself.

Check out this store in Sydney, Australia and follow the owner on his overseas buying trips. This is one of those stores that are stocked with absolute gems - there is no crap here. http://thevintagerecord.com/Phils_Blog_2010.html

Good luck with your venture.