pressing up 50 vinyl records ?

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

shaolin disciple

pressing up 50 vinyl records ?

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 pm

I did a very deep research on all different pressing plants in the usa and overseas I will probably already know of a lot of pressing plants that do small runs of 50 that some people are going to mention in this threat just maybe thought I can come across a place I never heard before that I might have a better price then the first place I did my first pressing at so if any one has any info please leave a comment or message me thanks

trailerparkjesus

Re: pressing up 50 vinyl records ?

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:08 pm

I think Palomino records do

shaolin disciple

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:41 pm

yes thanks that's where I did my last pressing at am trying to find some where a lil cheaper this time around

piaptk

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Haha! Cheaper than Palomino? And willing to do 50 Records? Not gonna happen. You might be better off getting Tragwag to Lathes cut you 50 Lps.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

andybee

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:53 am

hello! we at www.my45.de also do this small runs, but
it it´s cheaper then cheap...? please check our calculator, and you will see ;)

shaolin disciple

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 am

well no diss disrespect to palomino records I did my first pressing with them but when you get color vinyl and full color label theres additional charges that get added so 50 records for $800 something turns into 1.k or close to 1.k so the extra charges really get you at the end but that's no diss respect to them am just saying but if you do black vinyl and black & white label then its much cheaper you will get it for $800 something not saying nothing bad just saying the extra charges but I might have to go with the all black vinyl with the black white label and just for the record am not bad mouthing palomino records at all just stating my experience

piaptk wrote:Haha! Cheaper than Palomino? And willing to do 50 Records? Not gonna happen. You might be better off getting Tragwag to Lathes cut you 50 Lps.

audiosteam

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:11 am

Pressing such a small run can hardly get cheaper. You need to count cutting, plating and pressing plus sleeves and labels. Yes you pay a bit more for colors if you want clean colors..
I wouldn't order overseas at all, it's not going to be cheaper not going to be better and you'll pay shipping plus import taxes plus it's not making sense to buy abroad something you can get locally.

I second what was previously written. I'd rather go for a lathe cut instead. Mind that you can do a very small run 10, 20, 30..and do another one anytime if it's sold out.

Last but not least.. hunting for a good deal is fair but going too cheap means compromises ... very often involving lower quality.

misjah

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 am

quality, fast, cheap.

You can only choose 2.