Miller Hamilton Presses love/hate?

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

FMTECH

Miller Hamilton Presses love/hate?

Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi Trolls! "long time listener, first time caller"

I mostly hear about, read about, and occasionally have the privilege of working with the classic presses: SMT, Alpha Toolex & the modern Viryl, Alpha Pheenix (etc),...

Seems I NEVER hear about the Miller / Hamilton stuff!

QUESTION: Does anyone have any first hand experience (or otherwise) with Miller/Hamilton presses? Any history, pros or cons on the subject? Frankly any input would be appreciated! I know they can/have been fitted with Toolex style molds... I am told these are pretty desirable, but couldn't find any practical, qualified data or stories to back this up. VERY curious as it is hard to find any good info through "normal channels"

Thanks in advance trolls!

-F

Aussie0zborn

Re: Miller Hamilton Presses love/hate?

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:44 am

I think the presses you're talking about are Tracy Val presses with Hamilton automation. Seems only Hub Servall in NJ, USA had them. Why do you ask. TDF?

BrianAtMRP

Re: Miller Hamilton Presses love/hate?

Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 pm

We just de-commissioned four late-generation Hamiltons here, and I feel a great deal of both love and hate towards them haha. What would you like to know? I don't know where "Miller" comes into play so maybe we weren't running what you're asking about.