Need help for Pressing Machine Building.

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

StarLord

Need help for Pressing Machine Building.

Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:06 am

Hello. I read too much about pressing plant/machines on this forum and internet. I know this is too hard stuff. I know this is not easy. Please do not say 'this is hard' 'you can not do it''. Please support me with your wisdom.

I am working on machinery but not for the hydraulic system. Just food producing and packing machines. I am also run small 'bedroom distro'. Our government launched a support program for new industries. If I am lucky so they approve my project and they will paid 75% of the machines and my risk will be minimum.

They want to us prove ourselves to them about work and project. But i have some missing points on process.
I pick Newbilt semi automatic system to tell them. But Newbilt does not replies my mails.

Extruder, Press machine and Trimmer is ok. But i have questions about boiler room:
1- What air compressor does in this system ?
2- I read about 'pressing plant costs' topic and see Vacuum. What for it? Is it for only full automatic machines or semi automatic machines need it?
3- I see some plants choose steam generator instead steam boiler. And steam generator is more cheaper. If i choose steam generator, am i totally wrong?
4- Do I need stamper former, center hole cutter, edge cutter for stamper or is there is electroplating companies with this service?

I hope to complete my project with your support.
Thanks in advance.

misjah

Re: Need help for Preesing Machine building.

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:15 pm

4) stamper place will do this.

Make sure you have cutting facility and plating facility sorted before you start investing in presses.

Aussie0zborn

Re: Need help for Pressing Machine Building.

Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:02 pm

1 - I don't know those presses but most steam and water valves are air actuated. In some presses, an air cylinder pushes the centre pin in the mould up. The trimmer often uses air too, as does the opening and closing of the extruder cup. You also need to blow dust off the back of the stamper just before you put it in the press and to blow any dust off the press so compressed air is mandatory.
2- Vacuum is usually for automatic machines. For example, picking up the labels,
3- Steam Generators makes steam "on demand". A steam boiler makes and stores steam. You don't want to run out of steam halfway through a pressing cycle. Follow the recommendation of the press manufacturer.
4- Already answered above.

Good luck with your project.

StarLord

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:51 am

Thanks for your all support and help.

I think i still have only missing point about air compressor now.

Aussie0zborn

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:31 pm

Don't worry - its not like you get to choose if you will use an air compressor or not.
If you do this job, you will be buying an air compressor.
Always follow the advice of the press manufacturer.

StarLord

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you too much. I hope with the help of some friends I will meet a guy that worked in this industry long time ago. If the meeting will happen I will tell you on here what he tells.
I hope i will finish to understanding to full process in next week.

Aussie0zborn

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:57 am

You won't fully understand the full process by next week. There is a two year learning curve so you will be learning something new every day for the next two years and then you will still not know everything - you just need to know who to ask. Just follow the advice of the press manufacturers. They can design the entire plant for you as well as install and commission the presses.

misjah

Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:59 am

i wonder why people wanna keep inventing the wheel over and over again...

StarLord

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 am

misjah wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:59 am
i wonder why people wanna keep inventing the wheel over and over again...
This is not inventing, this is about getting support from the government and they want us to tell them the full-process. If I can not achieve this I can not do anything, I''ll have only information about record manufacturing deeply.

andybee

Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:07 pm

please let us know, who you are, and where you want to start your business :)
the air compressor makes compressed air, and this is a supply for mechanical
movment in a lot of automatic industry systems, so also in the vinyl industry.
It seems, you have to learn A LOT :)

StarLord

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 am

Yes I agree I need to learn a lot then i am here to ask your help. I am from Turkey. Actually this is just a try to get a government support as money to start plant. If they accept I can get proforma invoice then they will support 75% of total amount. This is not certain. Please do not kidding me :) The problem is officers wants to know you are sure what you are doing in your process. So I need to tell them full process with schemes. I prepared some schemes 3D projects. I do not invent any new machine. If the dreams come true i will learn all the details from machine manufacturers.

Yes i know what is air compressor do in normally. But In the schemes air compressor take important place in boiler room. I can not say to them ''Air compressor makes compressed air'' :)
I learned about what cooling tower, steam boiler, hydraulics unit, does in the system, I found values for process.
Still learning.
Thanks for all your helping.

llary

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:09 am

If Newbilt doesn't reply to your mails maybe that means you need to look at other manufacturers, e.g. Viryl or Pheenix.

Viryl has a full consultancy service where they will basically design your whole plant for you, in the meantime at least they will give you all this info you need and more about costs and requirements involved.