Stitching Patch Near Mould Inlet

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Aitchy

Stitching Patch Near Mould Inlet

Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:47 am

Hi All,

Firstly, as this is my first post, allow me to introduce myself..

My name is Tom and I operate a record press in Auckland, New Zealand. I have been running the press for about 18 months now and so I’m relatively proficient at pressing records at this point in time and have encountered and solved basically all of the defects and issues that arise from pressing records.

We have been having this issue on our press in which a small patch of stitching occurs on the top side of the record. It always seems to coincide with where the mould inlet is located. Often it doesn’t seem to respond to the usual solutions for wide spread stitching and so it is obviously a bit of a pain to solve this issue.

Usually, on our press, sticking to the top mould occurs due to excessive cold water cycle times and stitching can occur also as a result of this when the record is aggressively seperated. Often by reducing the cold water cycle, and/or increasing steam cycle, this issue would be resolved. However this problem seems to persist ALOT purely in one small section near the mould inlet as mentioned.

I’m wondering, based on this information, if anyone is able to assist in some potential solutions for this issue? I’m
Thinking perhaps the cold water purge time and/or steam purge is incorrectly set.. Or perhaps the cold water flow pressure isn’t sufficiently high and the cold water is stagnating too much.. the reason I think this is the problem started occurring when we had the chiller unit pump repaired.

Any advice would be massively appreciated as I have been pulling my hair about this issue for months now.

Many thanks!
Tom :D

vondeu

Re: Stitching Patch Near Mould Inlet

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 am

Hi,

Do you have a picture of the issue? This would make it a little bit easier.

Cheers,
T